Booking Celebrity on board Royal Caribbean

Cruzin-K

It's my understanding that you can book a Celebrity Cruise while onboard Royal Caribbean, for a reduced deposit. Right now, Celebrity has what appears to be a pretty good sale going on with 4 perks included in the price. By the time I'm on my Royal Caribbean cruise next week, the sale will be over (presumably replaced with some other "spectacular" deal) Any thoughts on whether it's worth waiting to see what deals might be offered next week, and get some additional on board credit and a reduced deposit.

Or, should I just call my travel agent today and get this thing booked while the four perks deal is being offered. I know that will come around again, but if I wait and book onboard to get OBC, and then change to a better, lower cabin price deal later, I'll probably lose the OBC, correct?

May or may not lose OBC. You wouldn't know until on board. I would book now if the price is favorable to you and get the perks. You only get $150 pp OBC for 6 night to 9 night cruise and $200 pp for longer cruises for booking on board.

1 hour ago, Cruzin-K said:

It's my understanding that you can book a Celebrity Cruise while onboard Royal Caribbean, for a reduced deposit. Right now, Celebrity has what appears to be a pretty good sale going on with 4 perks included in the price. By the time I'm on my Royal Caribbean cruise next week, the sale will be over (presumably replaced with some other "spectacular" deal) Any thoughts on whether it's worth waiting to see what deals might be offered next week, and get some additional on board credit and a reduced deposit.

Or, should I just call my travel agent today and get this thing booked while the four perks deal is being offered. I know that will come around again, but if I wait and book onboard to get OBC, and then change to a better, lower cabin price deal later, I'll probably lose the OBC, correct?

I would book now and then check on board and re-book if it works out better for you.  Here is Celebrity's promotional calendar with links to the offer details.

2 hours ago, mahdnc said:

I would book now and then check on board and re-book if it works out better for you.  Here is Celebrity's promotional calendar with links to the offer details.

Thanks for the link. Looking at those flyers it seems that you can only get ANY of the deals if you book a non refundable fare. So needing a refundable fare will mean paying literally thousands more? Can you change anything about a cruise with a nonrefundable deposit without penalty? sail date? Ship? Anything?

I spoke with my travel agent who told me to book on board, and she will be able to move me into her group later, for some additional on board credit and more perks, if I were to book with one of the one perk deals. I'm not sure if anything will be able to be changed with the reservation, like including me in my travel agents group, if I have a non-refundable fare.

25 minutes ago, Cruzin-K said:

Thanks for the link. Looking at those flyers it seems that you can only get ANY of the deals if you book a non refundable fare. So needing a refundable fare will mean paying literally thousands more? Can you change anything about a cruise with a nonrefundable deposit without penalty? sail date? Ship? Anything?

I spoke with my travel agent who told me to book on board, and she will be able to move me into her group later, for some additional on board credit and more perks, if I were to book with one of the one perk deals. I'm not sure if anything will be able to be changed with the reservation, like including me in my travel agents group, if I have a non-refundable fare.

As long as sail date and ship do not change, you can make changes to your non refundable deposit reservation without incurring change fees. 

20 hours ago, 39august said:

Any change made to an NRD will result in $100 pp forfeit. Any remaining deposit will be given back to you to as credit on a future cruise. 

Any DATE or SHIP change is at a 100$pp fee. Repricing/stateroom upgrade of the exact same cruise can be done without any fees up until final payment, as with a refundable deposit fare.

19 hours ago, mahdnc said:

As long as sail date and ship do not change, you can make changes to your non refundable deposit reservation without incurring change fees. 

Exactly.