Chia Seed Pudding

wesorbeth

21 hours ago, wesorbeth said:

Does anyone have the recipe for Carnival's Chia Seed Pudding?

I think it's just chia seeds in coconut milk (the kind that comes in a can, found in the Thai food aisle).  Put the chia seeds in the coconut milk, add sugar to taste, stir, and let them soak in the fridge overnight.  I don't know the proportions, though.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

I used the recipe someone posted on this thread yesterday.  I wanted to make a 1/2 recipe. The recipe called for 1/2 cup of chia seeds, 2 cups of coconut milk and 6 tablespoons of coconut milk, plus one tablespoon of agave in addition to "goodies." I misread the recipe. I missed the extra helping of coconut milk. The recipe called for letting it rest for 2 minutes. We waited 12 hours. Plus, we have a lot of honey, so we used that. 

Bottom line, my 1/4 cup of chia seeds and 13.5 oz of lite coconut milk was a little too thick. I will adjust the liquid to seed ratio in the future. Honey tasted very good. There is almost no effort required to make this, which was nice. You can also favor it how you'd like. 

Renee

6 hours ago, let's go cruising said:

I used the recipe someone posted on this thread yesterday.  I wanted to make a 1/2 recipe. The recipe called for 1/2 cup of chia seeds, 2 cups of coconut milk and 6 tablespoons of coconut milk, plus one tablespoon of agave in addition to "goodies." I misread the recipe. I missed the extra helping of coconut milk. The recipe called for letting it rest for 2 minutes. We waited 12 hours. Plus, we have a lot of honey, so we used that. 

Bottom line, my 1/4 cup of chia seeds and 13.5 oz of lite coconut milk was a little too thick. I will adjust the liquid to seed ratio in the future. Honey tasted very good. There is almost no effort required to make this, which was nice. You can also favor it how you'd like. 

Renee

I also tried one linked in this thread. It came out super thick (think scooping like ice cream) but I cut up a zucchini and had it with the “dessert”. I was a fan, wife and in-laws not so much, they said it was bland. I’ll probably play around with the recipe some to see if I can get a pudding consistency. I still enjoyed it as healthy and light, whereas a bowl of ice cream after dinner can knock me out. 

6 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

Chia seeds- right up there with kale on the great big 'won't eat it' list! Add quinoa and you have the trifecta of inedible foods!

(obviously, all my opinion only!)

Im with you Shaded Lady! I think the new brunch is awful! Who wants spaghetti for breakfast, and no blueberry pancakes! We were talking with the Hotel Director on Liberty in December and he had no idea there were none. He said he would bring it up at their next meeting. We did try the skillet cake, it was sort of like a pancake. It's just all weird to me. But that's my opinion.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2020 at 9:03 PM, Bostwick girl said:

Im with you Shaded Lady! I think the new brunch is awful! Who wants spaghetti for breakfast, and no blueberry pancakes! We were talking with the Hotel Director on Liberty in December and he had no idea there were none. He said he would bring it up at their next meeting. We did try the skillet cake, it was sort of like a pancake. It's just all weird to me. But that's my opinion.

The skillet cake was delicious!  Much better than the pancakes Carnival makes. IMO

• Like 1

On 1/18/2020 at 2:34 PM, Shaded Lady said:

Chia seeds- right up there with kale on the great big 'won't eat it' list! Add quinoa and you have the trifecta of inedible foods!

(obviously, all my opinion only!)

Lol! I, too, was thinking the same thing. It just didn’t even sound good to me. Chia seeds in a pudding? 🤢

Actually, most of the foods do sound good to me, and make perfect sense for a brunch, not strictly a breakfast. Eat early, and choose the more breakfast items, but as a brunch goes into lunch time, the other foods make perfect sense. Every brunch I’ve had anywhere include lunch foods. I just may eat breakfast in MDR early, and return at lunch for some of the other items. But that Chia seed pudding just doesn’t sound good to me.

• Like 2

I would be surprised to find spaghetti on a breakfast menu, but not brunch.  They had the chicken al a diavola on the old brunch menu which was also a pasta dish.

• 3 months later...