Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Ak4n3

Carnival Panorama 01/04/2020 – 01/11/2020

Recommended Posts

Thanks for the review!  I especially appreciated the port explanations, and your sense of humor.  We get on a week from today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, debi2g said:

Thank you so much for this delightful and informative review. We board the Panorama tomorrow and your review added to our anticipation and answered any questions we had. Thanks for covering all the age groups. We are a family group of 8 and we are "the olds" 😄 Thanks again! 

 

Thank you, I’m glad to help!

Have a wonderful journey today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JoSutt said:

Thank you for such an interesting  and detailed review.  We sail on 1st February and you have given us lots of useful information.  Was great to be able to see the Fun Times.  So excited now.  Thanks for taking the time to do this for us and for sharing your lovely photos.

 

Thank you for sticking around with me.  I hope you have an enjoyable cruise cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, naxer said:

Thanks for the review!  I especially appreciated the port explanations, and your sense of humor.  We get on a week from today.

 

You’re welcome.  Glad I could help, even a little.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I so enjoyed your review ..we were on the same sailing ...found the ship a little too large for us being 70 ..I Opted not to get Spa Pass as we were in Havana Area would have needed Uber to get there ...

Our Aft balcony also creaked it was like sleeping in a Haunted House ,my husband investigated it was the walls of room ....just loved our balcony some soot and I wonder how the soft furnishings on chairs will wear .

When you get to Havana I hope you do not have a lady on balcony above you screaming down the husbanding hot tub  ,she even threw him down sunscreen .This happened most days crazy behavior but not enough to spoil our Vacation .

I also missed a main Atrium ..eventually got used to elevators ...the cakes in Lido buffet were just delicious.

 

Edited by DUCHESSRN
wrong word

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2020 at 3:30 PM, DUCHESSRN said:

I so enjoyed your review ..we were on the same sailing ...found the ship a little too large for us being 70 ..I Opted not to get Spa Pass as we were in Havana Area would have needed Uber to get there ...

Our Aft balcony also creaked it was like sleeping in a Haunted House ,my husband investigated it was the walls of room ....just loved our balcony some soot and I wonder how the soft furnishings on chairs will wear .

When you get to Havana I hope you do not have a lady on balcony above you screaming down the husbanding hot tub  ,she even threw him down sunscreen .This happened most days crazy behavior but not enough to spoil our Vacation .

I also missed a main Atrium ..eventually got used to elevators ...the cakes in Lido buffet were just delicious.

 

 

I also felt the ship was large.  My parents and I felt a bit of pain on our lower legs on the first 2 days from all the walking since we were situated towards the front half of the ship.  We normally take the stairs on Fantasy class ships, but not this time.  I'd probably have an asthma attack if I did.   You're right, to go anywhere, you have to get an Uber 😄                                                         

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ak4n3 and DUCHESSRN, can either of you tell me about what most ladies wore at dinner in the dining room?  We sail 2/8/20 and although it’s still very cold where I am, is it really hot/warm in the evenings during this cruise?  I plan to take black slacks and white slacks to wear, with long sleeve blouses/tops that I can roll or push the sleeves up if necessary.  Sound ok?  And capris during the day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Greektreats said:

Ak4n3 and DUCHESSRN, can either of you tell me about what most ladies wore at dinner in the dining room?  We sail 2/8/20 and although it’s still very cold where I am, is it really hot/warm in the evenings during this cruise?  I plan to take black slacks and white slacks to wear, with long sleeve blouses/tops that I can roll or push the sleeves up if necessary.  Sound ok?  And capris during the day?

 

Whatever you're planning to wear sounds perfect for the MDR.  Capris are fine during the day.  

 

Enjoy your cruise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Ak4n3 said:

 

Whatever you're planning to wear sounds perfect for the MDR.  Capris are fine during the day.  

 

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks!  Was it hot/warm or pleasant?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Greektreats said:

Thanks!  Was it hot/warm or pleasant?

 

Indoors?  It was pleasant indoors, then again I run cold so, please take a light jacket.

 

On port days, it was warm when we were there.  I suggest wearing layers  in case it gets cold on your sailing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2020 at 3:21 PM, Ak4n3 said:

 

Indoors?  It was pleasant indoors, then again I run cold so, please take a light jacket.

 

On port days, it was warm when we were there.  I suggest wearing layers  in case it gets cold on your sailing.

Theatre was chilly ..but ship pleasant .First and last sea day was unusually warm for the time of year ,we do this run often and have had some cold first and last days ...

Dining room I saw all sorts , have a great cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2020 at 1:49 AM, Moviela said:

I am jealous after seeing camp ocean, but alas I aged out in 1959. 😁

 

 

I'm with you on the jealous. . . I was in my thirties when I sailed on Disney Magic (over 20 years ago!!) and about lost it with burning green-eyed envy when I saw the kids' clubs. We were robbed!  We had to cruise uphill both ways in the snow when we were kids! Meanwhile Carnival clubs keep getting bigger and better on each new ship. 🙂 Still jealous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2020 at 5:54 PM, Ak4n3 said:

 

It was, wasn't it?  I hope to book again soon.

 

Glad to hear you plan to sail on this ship again, a great compliment. I have read so many Carnival reviews, and it seems a lot of experienced cruisers prefer the Dream Class (Carnival Dream, Breeze, and Magic) over the newer and slightly larger Vista class.  I see from your signature you have not sailed Dream Class, but overall, just shipwise, how did you feel your Vista class ship compared to the other Carnival ships you've sailed?  I'm assuming you liked it "better" than your Fantasy class voyages, but since you have a range of ships to compare I'd like to see your rankings of each compared to the others you've experienced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

 

how did you feel your Vista class ship compared to the other Carnival ships you've sailed?  

 

 

Personally, with what I only experienced in my cruising history, I would rank the ships as follows based on what I enjoyed and the layout:

 

1. Carnival Splendor - Hubby and I love the T-pool if not anything else.  We'd stay in the spa area all day if we could, unfortunately we have to feed the kids (such is life).  The layout is quite nice though they don't have a wrap around promenade like the spirit class.  The ship is big, but not too overwhelmingly big as the Panorama.  I miss the ship so much 😭

 

2. Carnival Legend - I like this ship better than the Miracle only because this has Fun Ship Upgrades, however, I do like the Spirit class ships because of the the promenade area.  It nicely wraps around the ship and we enjoyed walking there at night after dinner, not too windy, cold or crowded and close to the water as to not give me a sense of vertigo. 

 

3.  Carnival Panorama -  We liked the ship, especially Aria because of Dr. Seuss and all the colors.  In fact, we would probably just spend the time on board rather than get off in port the next time we book and just enjoy the things the ship had to offer since we already cruised the Mexican Riviera several times. However, we didn't like the vibe of the spa and will not get a spa pass the next time around.  The Vista class promenade area is blocked by the Havana area (boo for us peasants)  so if I want to walk around the ship post dinner, the top deck would be it.   

 

4. Carnival Fantasy Class - for a complete relaxation, I like Fantasy class ships.  It has the Fun Ship amenities.  No specialty dining though, but that's ok since their run is only a 3 and 4 day Baja trip.  I would be bored if Carnival made the Fantasy class do the 7 day route.

 

5.  Disney Wonder -  I haven't cruised enough on Disney to judge but, it's nice for the little one. My son who was 13 at the time said the club bored him, so he says. Everything is geared for the Disney-phile.   I liked the ship, but the spa on the Wonder is not as picturesque as the Splendor.  Other Disney ships may have better spa areas, so we'll see if we can have a go on it later.  The ship layout takes a while to get used to, and I usually have good sense of direction but it was a challenge for me for the first half of the cruise.

 

We do want to try other ships in other itineraries so we'll see about going on the Dream and Conquest class sometime in the future.  For now, the little one wants the Panorama...

 

Edited by Ak4n3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife and I were on the inaugural Panorama cruise. The ship, while beautiful, didn't really blow me away. Felt very cramped.

 

We did love the updated decor, tons of things to do and lots and lots of bars but their new show (not the one with the drones) was lackluster to us and the Punchliner lounge was once again way to small. Granted, the comedians performed almost nightly but it was a case of you always needed to get their early to get a seat.

 

But we had a great time and since it's in Long Beach and we are in San Diego, I am sure we will sail on her again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Odd question.. we sail 3/28. My gdaughter is now old enuf to have her own card on her own lanyard so she is excited! Do they come with a hole punched or where would we get that done? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IDKaren said:

Odd question.. we sail 3/28. My gdaughter is now old enuf to have her own card on her own lanyard so she is excited! Do they come with a hole punched or where would we get that done? Thanks!

AFAIK, they all come with a hole punched now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great review. Thank you for taking the time and effort to post it.Pictures were great too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2020 at 11:07 AM, randy1965 said:

does anyone know what day the VIFP party is

Sorry if someone has already answered this but I didn't see it. I just got off Panorama yesterday and the VIFP party (Platinums and diamonds only) was on Friday at 5:00 in the Liquid Lounge. I know people often ask here if they can bring a guest who is not at least platinum. Our invitations had our name on it and then "and guest." I don't know if this is always the case or if they allow guests only when there are not so many platinums and diamonds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Heidi, good to know. Did you enjoy Panorama? I'm looking for MDR dinner menus, since most of the ones I've seen so far included some holidays, so the pattern may have been different. Trying to see what nights we may want to schedule specialty dining. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wanna-Cruize: One of our roll-call moderators posted a link to all the Panorama menus from recent post-holiday cruise. It does match the menus I've seen in other various review postings. Hope it helps!

https://eatsleepcruise.com/2020/02/carnival-panorama-dining-guide-and-restaurant-menus/?fbclid=IwAR29H4sOlC-aOYlaUO8iVO2dWUkRzhYMGv8UpX6iUB_NlAy_fm3ZnFNfgRY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2020 at 1:14 AM, Wanna_Cruize said:

Thanks Heidi, good to know. Did you enjoy Panorama? I'm looking for MDR dinner menus, since most of the ones I've seen so far included some holidays, so the pattern may have been different. Trying to see what nights we may want to schedule specialty dining. 

Yes, I did like the Panorama very much. It was nice being on a brand new ship. Our cruise happened to be a bit chilly but you can't control the weather and I was also under the weather a bit and didn't get off the ship in Puerto Vallarta. I ordered room service for breakfast and lunch that day and they were very fast. I felt well enough to go the the dining room for dinner that night. Most breakfasts we did in the dining room too. We did Tepanyaki for dinner one night. It was wonderful. I thought the dining room food was very good as well. I didn't try out the outdoor pools or hot tubs. Too chilly for me but we had spa passes and went there a few times. I thought the hot tub in there was too small though. Only about 4 people could fit in there comfortably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering if there was a time change while on board and if you had to figure, shore time vs ship time at all during the cruise? I didn't see anything mentioned in the Fun Times you posted (thank you so much for that) about this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...