What! No straws, how could this be?

Cool_Dude

1 minute ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Do you know which ship?

Nope, I’ll be on the Royal in August though. 

I figure Princess will be selling plastic straws with little tiny ships on them. And, they will cost their weight in gold!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Cool_Dude said:

Nope, I’ll be on the Royal in August though. 

I figure Princess will be selling plastic straws with little tiny ships on them. And, they will cost their weight in gold!

I had problems getting straws a few months ago on the Royal.  Ask me in a few weeks and I will let you know.

7 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Do you know which ship?

Plastic straws limited on all Princess ships. It is part of Princess' program to meet the court ordered enviro. goals. You will notice other things also for example soft ice cream now in reusable small cups.

Edited by skynight
  • Like 1

Wife had same problem on NCL a year ago; especially with frozen drinks.  So we found straws made from corn.  Biodegradable but unlike those paper straws they actually work.  Did not collapse.  First saw them at a fast food place in an airport.   I cant believe they have not caught on yet.  Were even thinking of taking a bunch to "Meet & Greets' to pass out.

Edited by farmermark
  • Like 2

On the Crown Dec27 the paper straws were shorter than the tall glasses that the fancy  frozen drinks came in ( plastic glasses and glass ones).  It made using them for frozen drinks a bit of a challenge once you had only the bottom third left and the straw didn't make it down that far.    

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

All the plastic straws you want are still free at McDonald's & Burger King here in Florida. Why buy them? 

At our McDonald's in Florida they are still available but you have to ask for one.  No longer out by the drink machines.  Told by manager that they will be switching to paper straws by the end of the year.

• Like 1