Anyone else wish larger ships did longer itineraries from Florida?

Heatherco

With the size and amenities of the larger ships in Royal Caribbeans fleet, I wish they would offer longer sailings in the Caribbean. A few extra days onboard to experience all the amenities would be great.  I know Anthem offers longer sailings but most of their regular itineraries are to the Bahamas and Cape Canaveral.  Would love to see more southern Caribbean sailings from Florida.

Anone else wish they offered longer sailings like a 9 nighter on Oasis Class or larger?

• Like 2

The Oasis class ships are their family bread and butter ships, and the week long cruise works best for that.  They could probably go to a 6/8 schedule without too much loss of family business, but that would not get them very far into the Southern Caribbean.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

The Oasis class ships are their family bread and butter ships, and the week long cruise works best for that.  They could probably go to a 6/8 schedule without too much loss of family business, but that would not get them very far into the Southern Caribbean.

I realize that, but even if one ship offered something like a 9 night then a 5 night, I still think people would love it.  Just wish it was an option.😊

1 minute ago, Heatherco said:

I realize that, but even if one ship offered something like a 9 night then a 5 night, I still think people would love it.  Just wish it was an option.😊

Royal does offer that option, just not with Oasis class.  Remember, another limiting factor is that there are still many ports that cannot take a ship the size of Oasis class.

• Like 2

I’m literally walking off of an Anthem 11 night cruise that did southern islands (st Lucia, Antigua, st kitts, Puerto Rico, and St Maarten). Loved the longer itinerary and I totally agree I wish they would do a longer itinerary on an oasis ship. One can dream as they keep getting more of them!

1 hour ago, Heatherco said:

Oasis Class or larger

Gonna be awhile before there is a larger class than Oasis.  I'm not sure many deep Southern Caribbean ports can take Oasis (or larger) but who knows what 2030 and beyond might offer.  

Oasis class are fined tuned and optimized for the 7 night quintessential family vacation.  

i wish the same thing, we live near tampa and due to the bridge, the only ships that can get under it are the smaller ships. How many times do  folks want to go  to our "friend" mexico?????Celebrity is bringing the constellation to tampa in nov of 2020 for 10 and 11 day cruises and they are already booking up nicely ..They will go into the canal, the abc's and eastern islands. Leave it up to celebrity to come up with that brilliant plan and i have no clue  why rccl did not try it first..

Would love longer cruises on the Oasis Class ships, especially coming from the UK a 9 night would be perfect. Indy does/ used to do 14 night from Southampton but sailing RCI from Southampton is very expensive so it's oddly cheaper for us to sail from Florida. 

We did a 9 night Navigator cruise and loved it! I'd be happy if they offered more longer cruises on Mariner/ Navigator to be honest as I after the amp they are great ships, a good size for me and able to get into more ports. 

• Like 1

I'd have no interest in a longer cruise.  If I don't do everything on one cruise, it leaves more to look forward to on a second cruise. And if we really wanted a longer cruise, we could just do a B2B as the ship does alternate itineraries.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, thjeepster said:

I can't wait for my 8-Night Odyssey cruise next April!!...That will be a treat to have an extra night on a "larger" ship!

We're doing 9 nights in November

5/4 B2B😉

Did a 6/8 B2B on Adventure earlier this month from Ft Lauderdale. The 8 day did all the ABC's with 4 sea days. It was very nice

Edited by John&LaLa

16 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We're doing 9 nights in November

5/4 B2B😉

Did a 6/8 B2B on Adventure earlier this month from Ft Lauderdale. The 8 day did all the ABC's with 4 sea days. It was very nice

The only cabins showing on the Inaugural are a few obstructed view balconies at over $4100....crazy

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BNBR said:

I'd have no interest in a longer cruise.  If I don't do everything on one cruise, it leaves more to look forward to on a second cruise. And if we really wanted a longer cruise, we could just do a B2B as the ship does alternate itineraries.

That's easy for you to say living in Fort Lauderdale

🤣🤣🤣

Edited by compman9
Text disappeared

We'd love some longer Caribbean itineraries on Oasis class ships.  We've been on Allure twice and still feel like we've missed some stuff.  Since we have to fly into Florida anyway, a longer cruise would be welcomed.  

4 hours ago, EmilyJay said:

Would love longer cruises on the Oasis Class ships, especially coming from the UK a 9 night would be perfect. Indy does/ used to do 14 night from Southampton but sailing RCI from Southampton is very expensive so it's oddly cheaper for us to sail from Florida. 

We did a 9 night Navigator cruise and loved it! I'd be happy if they offered more longer cruises on Mariner/ Navigator to be honest as I after the amp they are great ships, a good size for me and able to get into more ports. 

Take a transatlantic ... plenty of sea days to explore the ship.

The Oasis fills their cabins perfectly on the 7 nighters.   The moment you start making longer cruises it may be tough to fill the cabins without a notable fare decrease, as you are killing a huge part of the family market by going over 7 nights.

I would love to see Oasis class do longer trips,  but the bean counters at RCI likely kill that idea fast anytime someone brings it up.