Need Trip Insurance advice

emeraldlake

I dont know if this questions is allowed so please dont yell at me if it is not.

Can anyone recommend a trip insurance company other than Princess.  I am looking on insuremytrip.com and there are so many to choose from.

If you have a recommendation, we would surely appreciate it.  Thank you very much.

I always get my insurance from Insuremytrip. I don't think its the company so much as look at the policies and what coverage you need at a price point you want. They have a "compare" tab so you can look at I think 3 policies at a time side by side to see which coverage is best for your needs.

You may not know, yet, but you can call directly to discuss your concerns and have answered your questions.

The company I and others around here use is tripinsurancestore.com .

You will find the staff to be very helpful and insightful as to what you need/require.

Let us know how you make out.

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

On 1/16/2020 at 9:57 AM, tonit964 said:

I always get my insurance from Insuremytrip. I don't think its the company so much as look at the policies and what coverage you need at a price point you want. They have a "compare" tab so you can look at I think 3 policies at a time side by side to see which coverage is best for your needs.

I use this chart method every time. Here's what I do:

Select plan type in the left column, select to sort by premium cost and check the first 10 or so policies to compare. Eliminate policies (hide plan button) one at a time based on coverage levels I want, first by getting rid of policies without pre-existing waiver, then get rid of low medical coverage, then get rid of the policies that require long delays (who wants to wait 24 hrs to get reimbursed for a travel or baggage delay?), compare baggage and travel coverage dollar amounts. Usually at this point I'm down to a handful to choose from. I have some saved info about companies others have recommended/not recommended (look thru opinions on this site and you'll make your own list), I check against my list, and make my pick.