Which deck for balcony on Royal Princess

EllieinNJ

1 hour ago, EllieinNJ said:

I have only sailed on Golden, Grand and Crown and had a balcony on Caribe which I know is bigger.  Are there any larger balconies on the Royal Princess?  If not, which deck is best?

Royal Class ships, of which Regal is one, do not have tiered/layered/we'd cake type sides. They're straight down, balconies all the same size straight down, all covered by deck above 

There are some exceptions, such as aft facing, which is tiered. Some on Emerald which are extra large. Forward facing are larger.  The midship, angled ones are larger  - on all decks. 

Best is entirely subjective.  Best for what?

As others have said, there are only a very few balconies on the Royal Princess (and other early Royal Class ships) that are larger than the standard (and the standard balconies are TINY).  The exceptions are those noted above, including those mid-ships on the "points" under the SeaWalk and the SeaView Bar. Also, some of the aft cabins have very large balconies but, as discussed in another active thread, there are issues with soot and diesel fumes that can adversely affect the enjoyment of those balconies.

However, beginning with the Majestic Princess, and including the Sky and Enchanted (and presumably the Discovery), there is a group of cabins on Dolphen Deck forward and aft that have large balconies that are 1/2 covered and 1/2 uncovered very much like the Caribe Deck balconies on the Grand Class ships. I've made a few posts about it, but you can easily identify these cabins on the deck plans and here is a post I made about our cabin on the Sky last December, including pictures (Click on "5:00_Somewhere replied to a topic" and it will take you right to my post):  

Hope that helps, and happy cruising.

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere