Lobster and Beef Wellington in MDR

slanik

On 1/16/2020 at 9:03 PM, Justalone said:

What kind of lobster?    Cold water or warm water lobster?  How large is the lobster?  Quality?

Thanks.

We have only been served warm water lobster in the MDR  - it was small and not very tasty (kinda mushy as is often the case with warm water lobster).  Wish that there had been Maine lobster available.  

4 minutes ago, dogs4fun said:

We have only been served warm water lobster in the MDR  - it was small and not very tasty (kinda mushy as is often the case with warm water lobster).  Wish that there had been Maine lobster available.  

It could be both the shell on the warm lobster tails are spiny. Very small and gone in a few bites.  The odd time it was East coast lobster. 

On 1/17/2020 at 4:39 PM, drakes2 said:

I actually asked the waiter to find out where the lobster was sourced from and he said Maine so I ordered 2. They were excellent. That was on the Silly in March 2019.  In October on Equinox who knows where they were from but was tasteless and rubbery.

I am from Maine and I can tell you the tails I was served were definitely NOT from Maine.

1 hour ago, sandc4e said:

I am from Maine and I can tell you the tails I was served were definitely NOT from Maine.

I'm only going by what the waiter said. Do not know first hand where they are from maybe even Chile. However it all depends on where they source from and pricing.  Most often they are the warm water ones

12 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I'm only going by what the waiter said. Do not know first hand where they are from maybe even Chile. However it all depends on where they source from and pricing.  Most often they are the warm water ones

Was just stating my experience.

2 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

this is fantastic knowledge to be aware of. i had no idea. just booked. advance menus were always a peeve of mine. in haven on NCL we are able to supposedly ask the concierge but i never understood why the menus couldnt be on the tv. especially the fixed ones that are in the specialty restaurants. so if they are on the app and i can plan MDR nites before boarding thats huge for me

saves me the walk to the mdr each morning to see whats being served that nite. dont need more exercise on a vacation

A word of caution, the advance menu on the app is not always accurate.  YMMV

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

However it all depends on where they source from and pricing.

Cold water lobsters are more expensive than warm water lobsters. Hence, as profit is the name of the game in the cruise industry, cruise lines purchase the cheaper lobsters. We love Maine & Australian cold water lobster tails - they are delicious and they taste nothing like warm water tails.