Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

Carnival told me I was getting an OBC and got an email showing it added but on the Hub app it isn't there and it's been about a week, should I be concerned?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tracey.kinney425 said:

Carnival told me I was getting an OBC and got an email showing it added but on the Hub app it isn't there and it's been about a week, should I be concerned?

Not at all. It may not show up until you get on board your ship. But to be on the say side, I"d recommend that you print out that email and take it with you on your cruise in the event you need to show it to Guest Service in order to get it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless it has changed recently, the Hub app doesn't do much for you until you board the ship and login to the ship's wifi. However, the OBC should show up on the Cruise Manager area of your online account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tracey.kinney425 said:

Carnival told me I was getting an OBC and got an email showing it added but on the Hub app it isn't there and it's been about a week, should I be concerned?

From the carnival desktop site, go into your cruise manager, and go to print the documents.  It’ll be listed there (I think the 2nd page).  

 

Even if you haven’t paid in full, or checked in, you can print the docs and luggage tags (but not boarding pass).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

From the carnival desktop site, go into your cruise manager, and go to print the documents.  It’ll be listed there (I think the 2nd page).  

from what i noticed, it will only show up on the documents if you book directly with carnival. if you book with a travel agent, that section on the document is removed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, shof515 said:

from what i noticed, it will only show up on the documents if you book directly with carnival. if you book with a travel agent, that section on the document is removed. 

We booked with a TA, and our OBC is listed there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2020 at 4:56 PM, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

We booked with a TA, and our OBC is listed there.

 

I booked today and the TA specifically told me that their OBC wouldn't show on the Carnival site because of the way they do it. So, at the very least, it varies depending on who you use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CruisingWithTriplets said:

 

I booked today and the TA specifically told me that their OBC wouldn't show on the Carnival site because of the way they do it. So, at the very least, it varies depending on who you use.

Interesting.  Ours is on page 2 of the printed cruise information, right under the itemized charges. I have to click “print documents” under where the online check in link will be.

 

Maybe it depends on whether the OBC is part of the fare code, or if it is paid for by the TA, and TA is essentially buying cruise cash.  I believe our OBC is part of the fare code, and not paid directly by the TA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Interesting.  Ours is on page 2 of the printed cruise information, right under the itemized charges. I have to click “print documents” under where the online check in link will be.

 

Maybe it depends on whether the OBC is part of the fare code, or if it is paid for by the TA, and TA is essentially buying cruise cash.  I believe our OBC is part of the fare code, and not paid directly by the TA.

Yes, mine is not part of the fare code. He told me they do essentially pay cash a few weeks before departure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CruisingWithTriplets said:

Yes, mine is not part of the fare code. He told me they do essentially pay cash a few weeks before departure.

That’s why it’s not there.  Carnival isn’t going to list OBC it hasn’t received yet from the TA.

 

OBC that is part of the fare code is paid for by Carnival, not the TA.  That OBC will appear on the cruise docs.  

Edited by PrincessArlena'sDad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

That’s why it’s not there.  Carnival isn’t going to list OBC it hasn’t received yet from the TA.

 

So, your OBC isn’t part of the fare code.  Your TA is including it as.a package.

 

OBC that is part of the fare code is paid for by Carnival, not the TA.  That OBC will appear on the cruise docs.  

I'm not the OP, I know not to look for it in the Carnival site yet.

 

I'm just suggesting that it's possible, if the OP got their OBC through a TA, it may not show as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, CruisingWithTriplets said:

 

I booked today and the TA specifically told me that their OBC wouldn't show on the Carnival site because of the way they do it. So, at the very least, it varies depending on who you use.


That’s the case with mine as well. The OBC that comes from carnival I can see. The OBC that comes from the TA I can’t.

 

 

Edited by Saint Greg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know when we've gotten OBC from an agency, it shows up the 2nd day of the cruise.  I just take paper backup with me in case it doesn't show up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance w/ Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com June 2020
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...