Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
klfhngr

Moved from deck 8 Balcony to Cove Balcony....

Recommended Posts

Are we going to regret it?!?!!! We were very nervous and hesitant doing it, but we did it last night. Cruise is end of April beginning of May. On Panorama.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ever since we originally booked a Cove, three cruises ago, we will always book a Cove.  Love them and find them very convenient location wise, we always choose Cove forward.  We have been in a Cove on the Magic, Breeze, Vista and booked one for our upcoming cruise on the Panorama.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are in the forward part of the ship equal to and forward of the elevators, you're under the excursion desk or the Guest Services desk.  Next set to 2308/2315 is  on outer edges of Lobby Bar.  Beyond that going aft you're under the dining room.  But again at the edge.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll take a cove balcony over a regular balcony 8 days a week and twice on Saturday. Coves are so much better than a regular balcony imho.

  • Slightly larger
  • Shaded
  • Secluded
  • Nobody walking under you like regular balconies
  • Closer to the water, opportunity to see more
  • Closer to the atrium to go to dinner
  • Lower deck, less motion
  • Quicker getting off at ports
  • Quicker getting back to your cabin from ports
  • Typically cheaper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

WHy did you switch? Cost Savings?

Not at all. When we first booked, coves were cheaper. I did some research and watched some videos and loved how close to the water they are. Now, they are $30 more than what I paid for deck 8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, klfhngr said:

We're got cabin 2310.

Our was 2375 on the Dream, and we fell in love with it. Wife saw a dolphin as we were leaving Galveston port. 

20190727_162658.jpg

20190728_145048.jpg

20190730_092910.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My husband and I have done cove balconies before. We like them, but our granddaughter did not. Since she travels with us we do not book them anymore. Maybe when she gets older she will appreciate them more. I have heard some say when seas get rough they can get water over them at times, we have never had that happen to us though. Enjoy! you should get a better view of the locks 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

I'll take a cove balcony over a regular balcony 8 days a week and twice on Saturday. Coves are so much better than a regular balcony imho.

  • Slightly larger
  • Shaded
  • Secluded
  • Nobody walking under you like regular balconies
  • Closer to the water, opportunity to see more
  • Closer to the atrium to go to dinner
  • Lower deck, less motion
  • Quicker getting off at ports
  • Quicker getting back to your cabin from ports
  • Typically cheaper

Totally agree with this.  We love coves, but try to get as close to forward elevators as possible.  Some reports of aft coves having noise from the galley above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Banditswife said:

Totally agree with this.  We love coves, but try to get as close to forward elevators as possible.  Some reports of aft coves having noise from the galley above.

We're towards the middle/front.

So glad we switched now!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, klfhngr said:

We're towards the middle/front.

So glad we switched now!!!

I am too! You'll love it! Take lots of pictures!  👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a cove last cruise on the Dream and did not enjoy it at all.  Not enough sun, no great view while docked, we were midship and there was so much spray the last day we couldn't even go out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, hockeyluver said:

We had a cove last cruise on the Dream and did not enjoy it at all.  Not enough sun, no great view while docked, we were midship and there was so much spray the last day we couldn't even go out. 

Ah man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...