RC Visa OBC. How long until it is visible in account?

Hi everyone! I know I've seen something similar posted on here but couldn't find it. 

I traded in points on my RC Visa for $100 in OBC about 2 months ago. Today we are now 50 days out until our cruise. 

How long does it take for the credit to show, or am I going to have to call them? Thanks! 

I just did mine earlier this week and the OBC is already showing up when I log in, but I am less than 30 days from my cruise.  Not sure if that is why.  It can't hurt to call.

Edited by BNL1213

They normally hold back adding it you your account until 2-3 weeks before the cruise.

You can try calling the redemption folks at 888-305-4626 and request it be posted sooner, but lately some reports said they have refused.

5 minutes ago, manders175 said:

Thanks for the responses everyone! If I dont see it 2-3 weeks before our cruise I will try calling. 🙂

Some want the OBC earlier to use it to book excursions or other things that they think might be sold out close to the cruise.

S

As others have said...it’s really ideal to submit your request less than 1 month out as they usually apply about 3 weeks out.

I’ve always submitted mine early (3-5 months out) and just had this conversation in the last month.  I called and requested the OBC be applied right away so I could use it to make purchases in the pre-cruise planner.  It was applied same day, but I was reminded that it’s really intended to be used on the ship and it’s best to redeem closer to sailing.

• 2 weeks later...

I added BOA OBC to my 02/24 cruise two months ago and was told will see it two weeks prior. Called them this past Wednesday and asked to have it applied to use prior too and was told the same thing, two weeks out. Lo and behold, checked my planner yesterday and the $500 was there! Guess he felt sorry for me. Ha! So, it doesn't hurt to call the number Bob gave and see what happens.

• Haha 1

After my last experience, I'll now wait until about a month before sailing to redeem.  As everyone has been saying, it's typically applied 2-3 weeks prior to sailing.  We called last time to ask for it early (to use for purchasing drink pkgs, etc), and while I was given a gentle reminder of the policy, my aunt received an unpleasant lecture.  That said, we both found the credit applied within a few hours of calling.

• Like 1