Emails Royal Caribbean send are LIES

So email I received read 55% off unlimited dining package you then go to their site and it's 199.00 that is the normal price. Every email they send almost is a scam. Like kids sail free. We check prices for 2 adults and it is x dollars we then add on a child and the price goes up and not just taxes and gratuity. We are on 71 days at sea in the past 4 years and I am tired of the BS emails. 

Edited by dwightmstone
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, twangster said:

You missed the fine print.  "Up to".

If you ate in the most expensive restaurant every night and paid regular price every night the UDP is 55% off that.

Where you expecting 55% off the sale price?  

The regular price for the unlimited dining for a 7 day cruise is 199.00 per person. The link in the email is still 199.00 chops is 35.00 per night that would be 245.00 for 7 days and izumi is 45.00 per night that would be 315.00 for 7 nights. Still don't see 55% off anywhere is my point 

1 minute ago, dwightmstone said:

The regular price for the unlimited dining for a 7 day cruise is 199.00 per person. The link in the email is still 199.00 chops is 35.00 per night that would be 245.00 for 7 days and izumi is 45.00 per night that would be 315.00 for 7 nights. Still don't see 55% off anywhere is my point 

Up to

Up to

Up to

Read the fine print, not just the percent off.  

Bottom line - it's $199.  If that's too much, don't buy it.

• Like 2

A few points to explain what they are actually saying (which I do admit they are very misleading, but they aren't outright lying)

1) Ultimate Dining - Twangster covered this well, but again, they are not actually saying you will get 55% off the UDP, but that the Ultimate Dining Package will save you 55% over booking individually and on board. Just like with the drink package discounts, it's based off the "on board" price, which is unknown.

2) The Kids Sail Free - Are you sure it was the exact same room type? Usually when you book for 2 people, it will default and show you a room type that's only available for two, so like a 4V Ocean View or something like that. Then you check the prices for two adults and a child. A 4V Ocean View room can't have three people, so instead they quote you the price for a 3V Ocean View. If you could force it to price out two adults in a 3V and 2 adults and a child in a 3V, the child's fare should be free.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dwightmstone said:

The onboard price for those restaurants is probably higher, plus UDP includes lunch on sea days. If we say $50 per dinner and $25 for lunch with 3 sea days, that's $350+$75=$425. 55% off of that is $193, pretty close especially since I don't actually know the on board pricing or the number of sea days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, awestover89 said:

A few points to explain what they are actually saying (which I do admit they are very misleading, but they aren't outright lying)

1) Ultimate Dining - Twangster covered this well, but again, they are not actually saying you will get 55% off the UDP, but that the Ultimate Dining Package will save you 55% over booking individually and on board. Just like with the drink package discounts, it's based off the "on board" price, which is unknown.

2) The Kids Sail Free - Are you sure it was the exact same room type? Usually when you book for 2 people, it will default and show you a room type that's only available for two, so like a 4V Ocean View or something like that. Then you check the prices for two adults and a child. A 4V Ocean View room can't have three people, so instead they quote you the price for a 3V Ocean View. If you could force it to price out two adults in a 3V and 2 adults and a child in a 3V, the child's fare should be free.

1.The on board price for chops is always 35.00 per night we have done the unlimited dining many times. I understand up to 55‰ but there is no discount I can book it any day for 199.00 per person is all I am saying. 

2. Yes your point on the difference in rooms could be the argument on that one agreed. 

2 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

The onboard price for those restaurants is probably higher, plus UDP includes lunch on sea days. If we say $50 per dinner and $25 for lunch with 3 sea days, that's $350+$75=$425. 55% off of that is $193, pretty close especially since I don't actually know the on board pricing or the number of sea days.

You are correct it does include lunch for 3 sea days that is true the 199 is a very good deal I just get aggravated when they say there's a percentage off and you go there and it's the regular price every day I still do it every time because 199 for the specialty and the lunch is already good deal the emails are just aggravating just send me an email saying get great dining at a fair price and I would be happy I always buy it anyway

15 minutes ago, dwightmstone said:

Never mind, @awestover89 said it better than i did.

Edited by richardb

4 minutes ago, dwightmstone said:

Our next 7 night cruise on Allure has Chops at $54.  That would be $379 + 18% = $447.  50% off would be $223. Your price of $199 is greater than 50% off. All depends where you start. 

CHOPS GRILLE.      Allure of the seas Oct. 25 2020

$54.23 US

1 minute ago, taglovestocruise said:

Our next 7 night cruise on Allure has Chops at $54.  That would be $379 + 18% = $447.  50% off would be $223. Your price of $199 is greater than 50% off. All depends where you start. 

CHOPS GRILLE.      Allure of the seas Oct. 25 2020

$54.23 US

Don't book it online then every time every cruise I've been on they offer buy one get one free at chops Giovanni's and Izumi when you're at sea so even if you don't book online you're going to get two dinners for $54 or less on board

2 minutes ago, dwightmstone said:

You are correct it does include lunch for 3 sea days that is true the 199 is a very good deal I just get aggravated when they say there's a percentage off and you go there and it's the regular price every day I still do it every time because 199 for the specialty and the lunch is already good deal the emails are just aggravating just send me an email saying get great dining at a fair price and I would be happy I always buy it anyway

The advertising for leisure travel is horrible and frustrating across the board and I understand how you feel.  But when you are dealing with buyers that are totally driven by the top line price (the inside cruise fare, the core ticket, the list hotel price) you are going to see this. It is still better than the mandatory Resort Fees some hotels charge. 

19 minutes ago, dwightmstone said:

What ship are you sailing that has Chops for $35?  I haven't seen that on any of our sailings in years.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jakeil7 said:

It is a fine line that you are not going to win. Your real option is to not buy from them, but then you can’t cruise. The horrors!  😱

Yes I know.... Just suck it up buttercup... That's what my wife says anyway. Lol

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, dwightmstone said:

Don't book it online then every time every cruise I've been on they offer buy one get one free at chops Giovanni's and Izumi when you're at sea so even if you don't book online you're going to get two dinners for $54 or less on board

My point was that your email at 50% off was extremely accurate.  We always book a 3 or 5 night package.  Last cruise on Symphony we had a BOGO, a 3 night and a 5 night.  We have a 14 night Allure cruise in Nov. and they are offering the UDP at $336 pp and calling it 65% off.  

25 minutes ago, dwightmstone said:

The on board price for chops is always 35.00 per night

I haven't see it that cheap in awhile.  Smaller ships have been at least $39.95 lately and bigger ships up to $55 per night.  

I have a bunch of cruises booked so let me sample some

prices.

$45.99 Chops, $49.99 Izumi.

$49.99 Chops, $49.99 Izumi

$39.99 chops, $49.99 Izumi

The next sale they promote is not a discount from the last sale price from last week.  

If you don't feel it's a sale price go ahead and book restaurants one by one on board.  Since you feel that is the same price, go for it.  

12 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

My point was that your email at 50% off was extremely accurate.  We always book a 3 or 5 night package.  Last cruise on Symphony we had a BOGO, a 3 night and a 5 night.  We have a 14 night Allure cruise in Nov. and they are offering the UDP at $336 pp and calling it 65% off.  

When the UDP sale is over check the price any other time it's the same price never a big % off my point is book it anytime the sales don't matter

9 minutes ago, dwightmstone said:

When the UDP sale is over check the price any other time it's the same price never a big % off my point is book it anytime the sales don't matter

You have been told half a dozen times on this thread, but here it is again:

The 55% off description is NOT 55% off the previous (or any) UDP price.  It is "up to" 55% off THE REGULAR, INDIVIDUALLY BOOKED RESTAURANTS.

SO, give it up. You are just seriously misguided and uneducable.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1