Finally Decided to Cruise with HAL

DivotMaker

Hi Jason, Congrats on the Neptune Suite! It’s going to be amazing. Our first was in Norway and we loved our big balcony for scenic cruising. One thing we really enjoyed was having appetizers on our balcony with some wine for happy hour. You can arrange the apps with the Neptune Lounge. In Norway on the Rotterdam we preordered the apps for the whole two weeks for the days we wanted it. Last year on Niuew Amsterdam we had to call each morning. So figure out how to do it and try it out. It will be so pleasant. We also had a sail away party on our balcony with my family and it was really fun.

Of course the free laundry is awesome and fast. And having the two concierges is worth every dollar. You never ever have to go to ship services. The future cruise consultant comes to the lounge too. (HAL has a great program. $100 deposit on any future cruise that you don’t have to specify. Shipboard credit is guaranteed on top of other credits and it gets refunded if you don’t use it in four years.)

Also, my husband and I tried vow renewal twice. Once in Italy and once in Kenya. It became so complicated and more of a to do than we wanted. We ended up doing it on our own without an officiant and it was really nice. We wrote vows and found a really special spot. Either way happy anniversary and birthday and welcome to HAL!

6 hours ago, lstearns said:

No noisy parties, no hairy legs contests, no cheesy gimics, just relaxing cruising on gorgeous ships with lovely people, great service and comfy features!  

I was really curious about this and glad you brought it up.  On our last cruise they had some sort of "sexy" dance contest and I had to have my kids look away as we walked by because it was so tasteless what was taking place.  I think that was the moment I knew it was time to look for a different line.  I'm sure many will call us old fashioned or party poopers, but we can accept that 🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jagger16 said:

Hi Jason, Congrats on the Neptune Suite! It’s going to be amazing. Our first was in Norway and we loved our big balcony for scenic cruising. One thing we really enjoyed was having appetizers on our balcony with some wine for happy hour. You can arrange the apps with the Neptune Lounge. In Norway on the Rotterdam we preordered the apps for the whole two weeks for the days we wanted it. Last year on Niuew Amsterdam we had to call each morning. So figure out how to do it and try it out. It will be so pleasant. We also had a sail away party on our balcony with my family and it was really fun.

Of course the free laundry is awesome and fast. And having the two concierges is worth every dollar. You never ever have to go to ship services. The future cruise consultant comes to the lounge too. (HAL has a great program. $100 deposit on any future cruise that you don’t have to specify. Shipboard credit is guaranteed on top of other credits and it gets refunded if you don’t use it in four years.)

Also, my husband and I tried vow renewal twice. Once in Italy and once in Kenya. It became so complicated and more of a to do than we wanted. We ended up doing it on our own without an officiant and it was really nice. We wrote vows and found a really special spot. Either way happy anniversary and birthday and welcome to HAL!

Great information, thank you so much.  I like your idea of the sail away party on the balcony.  I thought I read somewhere where the balconies could be connected by unlocked the door between them?  Our traveling companions are right next door to us so that would be a nice way to set sail.  Appreciate your insight and helpful tips, have a greay day.

10 minutes ago, DivotMaker said:

Great information, thank you so much.  I like your idea of the sail away party on the balcony.  I thought I read somewhere where the balconies could be connected by unlocked the door between them?  Our traveling companions are right next door to us so that would be a nice way to set sail.  Appreciate your insight and helpful tips, have a greay day.

Just ask your room steward(s) to open up the balcony and they will gladly oblige.  Have a wonderful time!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DivotMaker said:

Was just going to say what Miss G did but don’t know how to cancel the message.    That will be a nice huge balcony!

Edited by canadianbear
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DivotMaker said:

I was really curious about this and glad you brought it up.  On our last cruise they had some sort of "sexy" dance contest and I had to have my kids look away as we walked by because it was so tasteless what was taking place.  I think that was the moment I knew it was time to look for a different line.  I'm sure many will call us old fashioned or party poopers, but we can accept that 🙂

They can call us whatever they want, but we're way past all that tasteless nonsense!  We love to have fun too, but in good taste!  There was nothing tasteless about our whole cruise- lovely people, great entertainment to suit every taste from classical string quartet, jazz, dualing pianos, trivia...nice music at the pools- we've found our new cruise home!  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lstearns said:

They can call us whatever they want, but we're way past all that tasteless nonsense!  We love to have fun too, but in good taste!  There was nothing tasteless about our whole cruise- lovely people, great entertainment to suit every taste from classical string quartet, jazz, dualing pianos, trivia...nice music at the pools- we've found our new cruise home!  

Well said.  My wife loves playing the piano, and I'm a classical music person, so the music offerings with HAL are very attractive to us.  

On 1/17/2020 at 6:12 PM, DivotMaker said:

Haha, I sure hope so!  I'll be celebrating my 49th birthday while we're crusing Glacier Bay.  Just can't imagine a better way to celebrate!

Please do yourself a favor and take HAL excursion to Hubbard Bay if offered on your itinerary.  You won't regret it. 

• Like 1