Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Please look for and post on existing COVID-19 threads before posting a new one.
Sign in to follow this  
trixiee

OBC Question

Recommended Posts

Hello, 

I went to look at my account and saw this entry: 

Onboard Credit$150.00

Miscellaneous CreditCA$-150.00

 

Would they have used my OBC for the beverage card purchase I made on-line?

 

Thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, trixiee said:

Hello, 

I went to look at my account and saw this entry: 

Onboard Credit$150.00

Miscellaneous CreditCA$-150.00

 

Would they have used my OBC for the beverage card purchase I made on-line?

 

Thanks!

 

Definitely not.   HAL encourages people to use their own cash to purchase things like beverage packages online.   That's why they penalize you $10 plus 15% if you wait to buy it onboard with your OBC.    If you purchased a beverage card, you should have a receipt for the purchase and you should see the charge on your credit card account.

I have no idea why you have a OBC credit of $150 and then a negative credit of CAD$-150.   Maybe your TA gave you a $150 CAD credit and HAL converted it to $150 USD ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Were you expecting credit?

OBC is USD, so why do they mention CA$ (CAD?)

Edited by VMax1700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Were you expecting credit?

OBC is USD, so why do they mention CA$ (CAD?)

Exactly!

 

I'm having a difficult time figuring this one out!  

 

We should have $100 ea FCD, plus loyalty shareholder OBC of $100.00

I had wanted to use that for the $15 pd gratuity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@trixiee - you paid for your cruise in Canadian dollars, I assume and probably used a Canadian dollar FCD?  

 

I saw the same thing on one of my bookings.  Basically they “covert” your Canadian FCD into a US $ one.  So -$150 Cdn OBC & + $150 USD OBC.

 

hope this makes sense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kazu said:

@trixiee - you paid for your cruise in Canadian dollars, I assume and probably used a Canadian dollar FCD?  

 

I saw the same thing on one of my bookings.  Basically they “covert” your Canadian FCD into a US $ one.  So -$150 Cdn OBC & + $150 USD OBC.

 

hope this makes sense?

Yes, I think it does!  Thank you Jacqui!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...