reusable Vero water bottle

marylovestotravel

Last January, Oceania announced that they would be using Vero water onboard and that guests would be supplied with a Vero bottle to use on shore that they can take home. I think  there are a lot of positives in this as one of the worst causes of plastic pollution, especially on the oceans are plastic disposable water bottles.

I've been eagerly anticipating the implementation of the Vero water system, especially the reusable bottles to use on shore. They seem not to be showing up and I recently talked to an agent from Oceania who gave me very vague answers to my question. Essentially, don't hold your breath! I admit to being disappointed and wonder what it would take to "faster" track this promised change. I think there are a lot of people who are onboard on this issue. I will be  bringing my own reusable, but we need to promote change.

Mia

• Like 1

Yes, but what she is referring to is when it was rolled out it was supposed to be a two stage program. First was the big bottles in the room, second was the ones you refilled to take ashore then take home with you as Mia mentioned above. Some one posted a link to it recently. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, ORV said:

Yes, but what she is referring to is when it was rolled out it was supposed to be a two stage program. First was the big bottles in the room, second was the ones you refilled to take ashore then take home with you as Mia mentioned above. Some one posted a link to it recently. 

Doing the water for the rooms is a whole lot easier, I'd think, than having manufactured tens of thousands of 'lableled' plastic water bottles.

6 hours ago, marylovestotravel said:

Last January, Oceania announced that they would be using Vero water onboard and that guests would be supplied with a Vero bottle to use on shore that they can take home. I think  there are a lot of positives in this as one of the worst causes of plastic pollution, especially on the oceans are plastic disposable water bottles.

Mia

Mia- when is your cruise? And thanks for bringing it up as I didn't know that onshore water bottles were in the plan. I don't cruise until April and if I remember correctly yours is within the next month? Hope there's an encouraging word from upcoming cruisers. Like you anxious to see it implemented.

Nancy

17 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

Mia- when is your cruise? And thanks for bringing it up as I didn't know that onshore water bottles were in the plan. I don't cruise until April and if I remember correctly yours is within the next month? Hope there's an encouraging word from upcoming cruisers. Like you anxious to see it implemented.

Nancy

Hi Nancy,

We leave March 15. Unless there is something already in the works, I don't think it will be implemented for that sailing. It's too bad as the announcement went out over a year ago. I think that there are many of us who feel that initiatives like this will promote awareness of our ocean environment and thoughtfulness in our interactions with it. More people are becoming aware but I feel when programs are existing, they will lead to education. Who now is embarrassed about bringing their own bags to a store?, 

I, of course, and many others will be bringing our own bottles. But if bottles are readily available, it can only encourage others to use refillables.

We can only encourage Oceania to go ahead with their plan.

Mia

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marylovestotravel said:

Hi Nancy,

We leave March 15. Unless there is something already in the works, I don't think it will be implemented for that sailing. It's too bad as the announcement went out over a year ago. I think that there are many of us who feel that initiatives like this will promote awareness of our ocean environment and thoughtfulness in our interactions with it. More people are becoming aware but I feel when programs are existing, they will lead to education. Who now is embarrassed about bringing their own bags to a store?, 

I, of course, and many others will be bringing our own bottles. But if bottles are readily available, it can only encourage others to use refillables.

We can only encourage Oceania to go ahead with their plan.

Mia

Bravo Mia!

We don't leave until April but already have our two water bottles set out in one of the bags we'll be using.

I avoid thinking about it but my cruise addiction comes with terrible costs to the marine environment.

One small thing that I can do is urge O to get on with it already, like you are.

Nancy

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Petoonya said:

We don't leave until April but already have our two water bottles set out in one of the bags we'll be using.

I avoid thinking about it but my cruise addiction comes with terrible costs to the marine environment.

One small thing that I can do is urge O to get on with it already, like you are.

Nancy

Hi Nancy,

We, like you, have a vested interest in  the next generation and how their world will be.

Mia

• Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 6:56 PM, clo said:

We had the bottles in our cabin with which we filled our reusable plastic ones that we brought from home. But leaving the ship it was screwtop plastic bottles.

New, fresh, unused bottles the best kind.  Only ones I feel safe with. 

1 minute ago, RJB said:

New, fresh, unused bottles the best kind.  Only ones I feel safe with. 

Well, you silly goose 🙂 I assume that's all you drink at home. And in restaurants, airplanes, etc.

4 minutes ago, clo said:

Well, you silly goose 🙂 I assume that's all you drink at home. And in restaurants, airplanes, etc.

Good guess.  How did you get so smart to know what and where I drink.  Fresh bottled water or at home double filtered water.  I think you are the silly goose for trying to tell me what I do when you have no clue.