Cruise Critic Community
Boiler Cruiser

What Bourbons & Scotches are served on board?

My DW and I are bourbon and scotch drinkers.  I was wondering if the offerings of Bourbon and Scotch varied in the several bars on board Princess ships.

Can someone tell me what Bourbon & Scotch are served in which bars on board?

Does anyone have a pic of a Scotch & Bourbon menu from a recent Princess cruise that they can share?  If you have one from the Crown Princess, which we will be on in a couple of weeks, that would be particularly helpful.

Your feedback is appreciated.  Thanks.

I don't have a photo of the menu but from my failing memory I recall:

Talisker, Highland Park, Cragganmore, JW Black, ...

1 hour ago, Boiler Cruiser said:

My DW and I are bourbon and scotch drinkers.  I was wondering if the offerings of Bourbon and Scotch varied in the several bars on board Princess ships.

Can someone tell me what Bourbon & Scotch are served in which bars on board?

Does anyone have a pic of a Scotch & Bourbon menu from a recent Princess cruise that they can share?  If you have one from the Crown Princess, which we will be on in a couple of weeks, that would be particularly helpful.

Your feedback is appreciated.  Thanks.

We recently returned from a cruise on the Caribbean Princess, I tend to enjoy bourbon as well.  The best option they offer in my opinion is Woodford.  No Michter's, Elijah Craig, Angels Envy, Weller, EH Taylor, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, etc. , yet alone Pappy, Stagg or the like.  Nothing remotely close. Still, I find Woodford to be suitable for a regular sip.  

At those prices NONE are worth drinking!!!   I love my single malts but can buy a bottle for the cost of 6-7 drinks on board!!!

6 hours ago, casofilia said:

At those prices NONE are worth drinking!!!   I love my single malts but can buy a bottle for the cost of 6-7 drinks on board!!!

Really? Of course you can buy it on land for less. That’s true everywhere. Just drink at home then.

The prices onboard are in our opinion, reasonable "going out" prices.  Comparable to a restaurant at home.   As we are on a cruise, we consider it as if we are out every night. 
We get the PBP because a few drinks a day gets you break even and the rest is bonus. 

From what I've read online, RCI prices are higher! 

I remember drinking quite a few Johnny Walker Black Label, thanks to PBP 🙂

Did not see it on the menus above. Also don't they have Flights of Scotch ?  I do not know where or when they are.

Not sure how up to date this is but it's taken from the beverage package calculator spreadsheet. For Scotch I tend to drink Talisker 10 year old when sailing Princess.  (I notice that it isn't even shown on the menu page posted above but I was still drinking it in October on Sapphire and in November on Emerald.)

image.png.e2c01390d7b33645e2c65a8248131c3e.png

Here is an image of a menu that shows more whiskies than the one posted above:

image.thumb.png.0a84612e387577a778d05674a7ddb905.png