Booking Excursions Onboard

•  
  •  
  • June 29, 2009
  •  
  • 1,103 posts
  • Scotland

Why are you all rushing to the screens onboard to book excursions and having to wait in queues while people dither over what they want?  

If you know the excursions you want, sign in to the app once onboard, and book them from the privacy and comfort of your cabin, or even sitting on deck with your first drink.  The paperwork for excursions will be on the bed when you first arrive so you can read them as well.  You can also both sign in so don't even have to be looking over each other's shoulder.

We did it on Explorer in November and it was perfect and tickets arrived as if by magic.  I don't do apps but once dh walked me through it I was in my element.  It costs nothing and you are linked to your account and all events for the whole of your holiday while onboard (it's not accessible on shore).  Even check your bill every day if you want.  Everything you see on the information screens around the ship is available on the app.

Good luck and happy cruising.

Edited by skioncruises

Hi,we are taking our first Marella cruise in Feb.2020. Since we are Canadian and booked through Sunwing in Canada I can not book on line excursions. I was wondering if you have found that there are still plenty of excursions left for on board bookings. I will get the app when on board hopefully and do as suggested here. The reason I can not get on now is that the Cdn booking number is not recognized online. Cheers

Hi yes they do not sell all online but keep a percentage back for onboard bookings, the app is the best way but you do have an itenary in your room on arrival with booking forms which you can take to destination services or they have a drop off box if closed, just in case you have a problem with your phone. 👍 

There are screens in the atrium by destination services where you can book In the past your flights have arrived earlier than those from the uk so if you go to the screens as soon as you can after embarking you shouldn't have a problem