Specialty Restaurant Add-on

bamarph

They offer speciality restaurants  multiple night dining packages and discounts for the 1st night which you can find in your Cruise Planner.  On board there may or may not be discounts  offered it just depends on how booked they are.  IME the shorter cruises offer fewer discount than the 12+.night cruises.

I have never been denied a discount when I have asked. I usually inquire of the staff that hovers outside the OVC at lunch what kind of discount they can give me for a time and date for the preferred restaurant. Some times I have to settle for a different date than requested to get a discount. Last cruise I was offered 35% off for a different night. Just ask!

25 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

is the package discounted or just a one off specific time and restaurant? i may be booking a 10 day and would be nice to have a 3 SDP discounted

There are 3, 4, 5, up to 10 night packages.  The more nights in the package you purchase the better it is discounted.  
You didn’t mention which ship.  The Summit, Millenium, Constellation & Infinity have the fewest (3) specialty restaurants,  Tuscan-Italian Steakhouse, La Petit Chef @Qzine which is a set menu and courses are accompanied by animation  & Sushi on 5.  
The other ships have either 4 or 5.

9 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

summit..id love if petit was included in the package

Le petit is included in the package. I'm on the summit now and booked le petit for dinner. I had the 2 dinners and one lunch. 1st night we did sushi on 5. There was a 30% discount if you ate there the 1st night so we saved our dinner #1 and paid 30%. Dinner #1 was Tuscan Grille which unfortunately is not good with the Italian food. My steak and sides were delicious, meatballs were very sweet. Qsine is done as of day 7 (11 day Itinerary which is today) for dinner. They have a special sea food lunch which our lunch counted for. And day 9 we are in dinner #2 for le petit chef at night. 6pm and 8pm seatings. 

Edited by jean87510

Once in a awhile I have seen the Dinner packages discounted pre-cruise. 

While aboard I have ALWAYS been offered discounts.    They usually have a rep outside the  OceanView soliciting bookings.   Just ask and you will be rewarded.

15 minutes ago, nyc2pdx said:

Are the specialty dining packages generally a good deal, or (as I am reading) the discounts they may offer negate the savings?

i believe la petite is 45 or 55 bucks so if the SDP is 3 nites for 109 even retail then thats a deal. but id love to save even more onboard. plus if we are given 300 OBC, gotta use it somehow

12 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Le petit is included in the package. I'm on the summit now and booked le petit for dinner. I had the 2 dinners and one lunch. 1st night we did sushi on 5. There was a 30% discount if you ate there the 1st night so we saved our dinner #1 and paid 30%. Dinner #1 was Tuscan Grille which unfortunately is not good with the Italian food. My steak and sides were delicious, meatballs were very sweet. Qsine is done as of day 7 (11 day Itinerary which is today) for dinner. They have a special sea food lunch which our lunch counted for. And day 9 we are in dinner #2 for le petit chef at night. 6pm and 8pm seatings. 

New to Celebrity and cruising.  Are you saying I might be able to eat in a specialty restaurant night 1 at a discount?  If so will they let me move the reservation I currently have night 1 at a specialty restaurant (Le Petit on the Edge) to another night?  Or, do you think I should move it now and hope to get a discount somewhere night 1.  

7 minutes ago, BeachorBust said:

New to Celebrity and cruising.  Are you saying I might be able to eat in a specialty restaurant night 1 at a discount?  If so will they let me move the reservation I currently have night 1 at a specialty restaurant (Le Petit on the Edge) to another night?  Or, do you think I should move it now and hope to get a discount somewhere night 1.  

Yes. I've been told on celebrity summit that I can move the night 1 reservation.  There usually is a discount on night 1. You can move it when you get onboard very easily. I've only been on the Summit 5x so that's my only celebrity ship that i know about.  The Edge may be different. 

8 hours ago, HS2BS said:

jean8750,

I read on another site that the Summit was having a lawnclub type “event”one night a week at the grill area. $35 per person fee. Did it occur on your cruise

Hal

Yes. I am not sure when or if it occured yet but I did see advertising for it onboard.

2 hours ago, 39august said:

I believe the 3 night package is now $119 per person. Not a good deal when you can always get discounts on board! If it is on sale for $109, obviously that is a better deal.

I got for the summit $100 a person 2 dinners and a lunch so $109 probably is a good price for 3 dinners.

Is there a thread to explain and break down these packages?  First time for myself, parents,  brother family,uncle and cousin  family on Celebrity.   We are on eight night sailing and would love to purchase my parents a night at the steakhouse on board and perhaps a night of sushi for my nephew and his cousins.   Sailing on Equinox.  Thanks

23 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Once in a awhile I have seen the Dinner packages discounted pre-cruise. 

While aboard I have ALWAYS been offered discounts.    They usually have a rep outside the  OceanView soliciting bookings.   Just ask and you will be rewarded.

Is that true on the Edge?  Katie