Excursions for Cabo in February

sightseersalso

We are going to be two days in Cabo in February, would like to go snorkeling, but read the water is 71degrees. 🥶 There are three of us. We aren’t really shoppers and not into horseback riding, or cooking classes. Any suggestions?  Cruise tours or self guided exploration? Safety?

Howdy @sightseersalso and welcome back to Cruise Critic!! emo22.gif I see it has been a while since you have posted on the boards.

Thank you for your new thread on the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forum. 👍 As 1025cruise mentions above, please note the following information is at the top of each page in the forum:

Note:  This area is intended only for questions and answers relating to technical assistance in using these message boards.  Please do not post general cruise-related questions or Roll Calls here.

To help you out I have moved your thread to the Ports of Call - Mexican Riviera forum where it will be on-topic. That is where all things Acapulco, Cabo San Lucas, Loreto, Manzanillo, Mazatlan, Pichilingue/La Paz, Puerto Vallarta, Topolobampo & Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa, Mexico are discussed. Please browse through the thread titles on this new forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that will help you.

And don't forget, after your cruise be sure to go to our  Member Cruise Reviews section and submit your review for publication. Many cruisers will benefit from your experience, and you might win a prize from Cruise Critic! emo34.gif See the latest list of winners:  Review Your Cruise and You Could Win -- These Members Did! (January 16, 2020)

I sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you back aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

• Thanks 1

Now that you on the Mexican Rivera board, you can see many threads about snorkeling in the Mexican Rivera...it is marginal. Visibility is not always good, and as you have discovered, the water can be cold in the winter.

In February, whale watching is BIG! I would suggest that.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, sightseersalso said:

Since the snorkeling doesn’t look like it will be very good I have a new question.  Has anyone done the camel tour in Cabo?

If you're sailing Princess, check this video out from CruiseTipsTV -- they did the Princess camel excursion: (disclaimer -- video is in partner with Princess, but it's an overview nonetheless)

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from 3 weeks in Cabo and did a totally different excursion.  There is a company called Cabo Sky Tours.  It is a motorized Hang-glider.  Ernesto (owner) is the pilot and he has a variety of tours.  Depending on your tour time he flies you over the arch, over humpback whales (yes you can see way down into the ocean) sea turtles, up the coast on both sides of the peninsula so you can see the resorts and amazing homes.  We "raced" a whale watching zodiac and flew over the sand - just feet off a totally empty beach.  I was amazed at how smooth the ride was - (like being in a motorcycle with no windshield) when we landed it was so smooth I wasn't sure we were on the ground.  You are seat-belted in with eye protection and ear protectors.  The view is amazing!!  Of all my vacation excursions this has to be my hands down favorite.  Google Cabo Sky Tours and have a look at the web site.  You do have to make a reservation.  Give it a go - you will not regret it.

IMG_20200125_135921.jpg

IMG_20200125_140454.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That was an original disappointment for me also but truly I had (almost)as much fun watching my husband take off and land - it truly is worth it - was SUCH fun!!  There is a little restaurant there also that looks like nothing but don't judge the book by what you see.  The food was amazing and the chef is such a wonderful person.  Everything is cooked from scratch when you order so it takes time - but absolutely worth it and more affordable than a ot of Cabo.

I am totally the same way - we usually do a test run the day before something to make sure we know where we are going.   Get him to send you directions explaining exactly where he is.  We took a cab there (to make sure we didn't get lost) and then it is easy to walk back.  I would walk into Cabo from the tender dock and then grab a cab or Uber from there.  It is just off the Blvd. Constituyentes and Camino Viejo A San Jose.  You could also use google maps and put in his address - give yourself an hour or so to get there.  It is really a non-descript place - if your early there is a restaurant there (in a shipping container) that serves amazing food and coffee.  The name of it is NIKTE.  Don't judge the food by the building!!  ps - the beach we found is not easy to walk on - very soft sand that you sink into with each step and it is a fair ways down the beach. - we found side streets easier to walk on.    Let me know if you need more help.   Marg

4 hours ago, Marken said:

I am totally the same way - we usually do a test run the day before something to make sure we know where we are going.   Get him to send you directions explaining exactly where he is.  We took a cab there (to make sure we didn't get lost) and then it is easy to walk back.  I would walk into Cabo from the tender dock and then grab a cab or Uber from there.  It is just off the Blvd. Constituyentes and Camino Viejo A San Jose.  You could also use google maps and put in his address - give yourself an hour or so to get there.  It is really a non-descript place - if your early there is a restaurant there (in a shipping container) that serves amazing food and coffee.  The name of it is NIKTE.  Don't judge the food by the building!!  ps - the beach we found is not easy to walk on - very soft sand that you sink into with each step and it is a fair ways down the beach. - we found side streets easier to walk on.    Let me know if you need more help.   Marg

I put your location into Google and found where you are talking about. 2 options to get there that I would suggest. (1) UBER is the cheapest but DO NOT try to get an UBER to pick you up anywhere near a Taxi Stand. Walk an extra block or two away. The Taxi Cartel in Cabo is VERY UNHAPPY with UBER cutting into their goldmine. Taxi's in the Cabo region are extremely expensive compared to the rest of Mexico. (2) Take a water taxi from the marina to Tobasco's Beach Bar/Restaurant (or near Cascadas Beach Grill) . Note that you will have to egress the water taxi in a couple of feet of water so be prepared. From there it is a fairly short walk. Guessing the water taxi might be $12 each but you should be able to negotiate down from there. UBER might be $5.

https://goo.gl/maps/rC9m5rR8FSUiozDr7

FYI - the reason that's a non-descript place is because that location is a dry arroyo. But you should see it in September/October when the rains come. Not dry any longer, although more of the deluge does come through the arroyo just to the right and right by the RIU Santa Fe.

Edited by SDPadreFan