Evening catamaran cruise

sandancer

We are interested in booking a sunset sail in Aruba. Foolishly I have left it late and now the ships tour is sold out. Going to book now through Viator but I’m looking for recommendations as there are a few to choose from. Thanks

We did the Black Pearl Snorkel and Sunset cruise in November 2018. We had a great time.  The sailing was smooth and relaxing. We made a couple of stops to snorkel then we slowly sailed back to the dock while they served us delicious hot grilled cheese sandwiches.  My husband said the sandwiches made the entire trip worth it. HA HA.  I would highly recommend them if you are looking for a sunset cruise. 

We’re in Aruba on a Sat. and Black Pearl, which has great reviews, does not operate on weekends. Now we’re looking at the Octopus sunset sail which says it is a smaller group, no loud music blasting, good drinks and snacks and great crew.

I believe the price was $59.99 per person. Another was Red Sail. 
We’re leaning towards the Octopus being a bit smaller group. You will need to take a taxi to the Palm Beach hotel area to board. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2020 at 8:54 PM, shiny1 said:

We’re in Aruba on a Sat. and Black Pearl, which has great reviews, does not operate on weekends. Now we’re looking at the Octopus sunset sail which says it is a smaller group, no loud music blasting, good drinks and snacks and great crew.

I believe the price was $59.99 per person. Another was Red Sail. 
We’re leaning towards the Octopus being a bit smaller group. You will need to take a taxi to the Palm Beach hotel area to board. 

How long is the taxi ride?

Were there taxi's waiting after to take you back?

We don't leave port until 11 PM so plenty of time.

Thank you!

I’m not sure how much a taxi is, or how far it is to the Palm Beach area. I don’t think it’s more than 20 minutes? Maybe someone else has better information.

Its supposed to be an area of many big hotels/resorts, restaurants and shopping. Assume there would be easy access to taxis.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We did a sunset cruise with Octopus.  They are located on the beach near the Holiday Inn at Palm Beach.  We had a great experience with them! They limit the number of passengers so it never felt crowded.  If you have mobility issues, you might want to look for another company.  You take a small motor boat to the catamaran that is anchored, then have to transfer onto the boat up a ladder.  My wife, who is not the most coordinated person, had no issue with the transfer in either direction.  I think what I liked the best is that they used the motor to get out of the little harbor then switched to the sails for the rest of the cruise.  We highly recommend them.

• 10 months later...

For those folks still considering sunset cruises:  Old thread but we did a cruise with DePalm 4/23/21.  The DePalm cruise leaves from their pier in front of the Riu at 5:30.  Booked through their website.  Sailed south to town, then north almost to the lighthouse for sunset.  All sailing.  Saw lots of flying fish.  Lots of drink options onboard.  There were a couple of other cruises with different operators out there on the same night.  One was a cruise followed by dinner at another pier in front of the Holiday Inn.  Picked DePalm because we were staying at Barcelo AI and didn't need a dinner.  Got back around 8:00.