Missed ports?

1 hour ago, JaxsMama said:

That really stinks.  I know that they can change ports etc but how can you charge for the ABC's and then do that.  I would be seriously considering cancelling if it didn't cost me too much and pick a different sailing.  If mine changes I'm so close that I'll suck it up. I'm finally about to try Havana and we have insurance that will pay $500 pp for port of call change. That will ease my pain. 

Looking into a cruise that will go to at least A & B islands.   Bonaire is so cool.   been there and did the most amazing excursion.  Drove these twizzy cars around the island with a tour guide.  OMG is was amazing and was looking forward to that again..  Going to sit back and enjoy my upcoming cruise in  Feb.  going to Aruba, Curaco , :LaRomana and Turks... but again we are there for at least 8 hrs..  

Enjoy you Havana..  Can I ask where you get your insurance from??  

15 minutes ago, rjrice1 said:

Looking into a cruise that will go to at least A & B islands.   Bonaire is so cool.   been there and did the most amazing excursion.  Drove these twizzy cars around the island with a tour guide.  OMG is was amazing and was looking forward to that again..  Going to sit back and enjoy my upcoming cruise in  Feb.  going to Aruba, Curaco , :LaRomana and Turks... but again we are there for at least 8 hrs..  

Enjoy you Havana..  Can I ask where you get your insurance from??  

Nationwide luxury cruise from insuremytrip.com

This is copied from Nationwide luxury cruise insurance, not so cut and dry. I was wondering why changing ports of call for weather would an insurance company reimburse you. There are so many itinerary changes on cruise ships, especially tendering ports. The refund would be more than your insurance premium.

In the event a Cruise makes a Change in Your Trip Itinerary after Your actual departure date we will pay up to the Maximum Benefit shown on the Confirmation of Coverage.

Change in Your Trip Itinerary shall mean the Cruise has a documented; 1) fire; or 2) mechanical breakdown; or 3) virus that affects 30% or more passengers; or 4) an event on board that suspends 30% or more of the ship’s services for 24 hours; or 5) a delay leaving or arriving at/from a Port of Call of more than 3 hours from the scheduled itinerary.
Verification by the Cruise of the change in the scheduled Trip itinerary will be necessary for claim payment.

9 minutes ago, coevan said:

This is copied from Nationwide luxury cruise insurance, not so cut and dry. I was wondering why changing ports of call for weather would an insurance company reimburse you. There are so many itinerary changes on cruise ships, especially tendering ports. The refund would be more than your insurance premium.

In the event a Cruise makes a Change in Your Trip Itinerary after Your actual departure date we will pay up to the Maximum Benefit shown on the Confirmation of Coverage.

Change in Your Trip Itinerary shall mean the Cruise has a documented; 1) fire; or 2) mechanical breakdown; or 3) virus that affects 30% or more passengers; or 4) an event on board that suspends 30% or more of the ship’s services for 24 hours; or 5) a delay leaving or arriving at/from a Port of Call of more than 3 hours from the scheduled itinerary.
Verification by the Cruise of the change in the scheduled Trip itinerary will be necessary for claim payment.

I'm referring to the "port of call change prior to departure". Seems like people are getting notified of the chages before their sailing date. Screenshot_20200120-194315_Chrome.thumb.jpg.657e4eaf9b056bfe386da199cc80c793.jpg

8 hours ago, JaxsMama said:

I'm referring to the "port of call change prior to departure". Seems like people are getting notified of the chages before their sailing date. Screenshot_20200120-194315_Chrome.thumb.jpg.657e4eaf9b056bfe386da199cc80c793.jpg

We also purchase this insurance and have benefited twice for itinerary change before departure. A couple of years ago we had a Eastern / Western B2B booked on the Magic and because of several hurricanes it became a Western  / Western B2B. Just this past September on the Sunrise our Bermuda cruise wound up going to Charleston. As long as the change is made before the ship sails you get paid $500 per person. Sweet! Highly recommend this insurance especially if you are sailing during hurricane season.

There are three major pieces of information that you must submit to be paid. The original booking summary that shows the itinerary. The letter from Carnival that shows the itinerary changes dated on or before your sailing date, and a copy of your Sail & Sign bill which shows that you actually took the cruise. 😎

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 2