Long term parking, San Francisco Port

Fairfield Nana

I just saw a similar port of Los Angeles for this issue, which I have been researching for some time now. Would someone please provide me some guidance no where and how much to park for a 12 night cruise to Alaska in May this year. We live about 40 miles from the port and had thought about UBER or cab & ferry to the ship, but seems a bit too complicated to use this method.

.  Thanks.

42 minutes ago, Fairfield Nana said:

I just saw a similar port of Los Angeles for this issue, which I have been researching for some time now. Would someone please provide me some guidance no where and how much to park for a 12 night cruise to Alaska in May this year. We live about 40 miles from the port and had thought about UBER or cab & ferry to the ship, but seems a bit too complicated to use this method.

.  Thanks.

For a 12 night cruise, an Uber or Lyft is most definitely the way to go.  It's door to door service and you don't pay for gas, bridge toll or parking.  We live a similar distance as you from the port and our Uber ranges anywhere from $40 to $70 each way plus tip.  It's not at all complicated.  Just be sure to text them the number of the pick up station to pick you up at the end of the cruise.  I think it is #9 or #10 ... the numbers are clearly marked but the signs don't indicate what each number stands for.  It's further away from the doors to the terminal and across the circular driveway.  

The option of driving and parking will cost you approx $250 when all expenses are considered.  Plus, it's just not quite as convenient as you still have to schlep your luggage from your parking spot to the terminal and back.  You can always drop off a passenger with the luggage, but those lines of cars are long and nothing you want to do if you don't have to ... and twice, at that.  

I recently rented a car for one day to drive to the airport which was about 20 miles away.  Car Services started at about $250.00 (there was a minimum charge for 2 hours) and the local Uber wanted $75.00 for the trip.  I went to the airport a day before my flight and rented the cheapest car I could find at that airport and my rental came to $34.  It beat paying for long term parking any day!  You may want to see if any local car rentals do a shuttle to the cruise port on a one way rental.  I don't know but it's worth looking into.

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

I recently rented a car for one day to drive to the airport which was about 20 miles away.  Car Services started at about $250.00 (there was a minimum charge for 2 hours) and the local Uber wanted $75.00 for the trip.  I went to the airport a day before my flight and rented the cheapest car I could find at that airport and my rental came to $34.  It beat paying for long term parking any day!  You may want to see if any local car rentals do a shuttle to the cruise port on a one way rental.  I don't know but it's worth looking into.

You may be onto something.  Our friends did this and there was a $50 drop off fee but, it might be worth it.  The walk back to the pier is about 1 mile ... mostly downhill, though.