Price Drop

Not a username2

If it is after final payment date then you can usually move up to a higher category as long as it costs at least $1 more than you paid for your current cabin.  Just a caution, when looking at the pricing now make sure that perks are the same as what you have or you could end up moving but losing all or some of your perks.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Not a username2 said:

So it works out the same price but we got the gratuities and classic beverage package. it's now Premium Beverage Package pp, $150 on board pp, High speed unlimited internet for 2 and the gratuities.

to upgrade room after final payment, it cannot be "the same price" it has to be at least $1.00 more than you paid for the current cabin as stated by jelayne above.

I think what Not a user name 2 has done is  paid in full prior to final payment, therefore an at least $1increase may not apply.

I have to thank you for your post, and the outcome, we paid in full a week ago and still have a few days before the final payment due date and was wondering whether to see if we could upgrade our package.

Cheers, heather 🥂 

2 hours ago, Not a username2 said:

Is it possible to get the perks (Prem Bev, $150 OBC, Grat, Unlim Internet)

could well be, suggest you call sooner rather than later.  Call  Celebrity if you booked direct or your TA.  The prices on some sailing have been fluctuating widely day to day.  Got significant price drops on 3 cruises 2 weeks ago, since then all 3 have had price increases of between  $200 - $600 pp.

9 hours ago, middlehaitch said:

I think what Not a user name 2 has done is  paid in full prior to final payment, therefore an at least $1increase may not apply.

I have to thank you for your post, and the outcome, we paid in full a week ago and still have a few days before the final payment due date and was wondering whether to see if we could upgrade our package.

Cheers, heather 🥂 

You may very well be correct, but as the poster just asked about price drops "before sailing" and final payments are due a full 90 days prior to sailing, I assumed that they were past final payment date.  Either way, hopefully they got their answer.

For our April cruise we only had 1 perk and pricing is now well under what we paid. It is after final payment and our TA was able to get us the 4 perks. That helps offset a lot of the difference. 

13 hours ago, Not a username2 said:

Is it possible to get the perks (Prem Bev, $150 OBC, Grat, Unlim Internet)

When you re-price a sailing BEFORE final payment, you will always be moved to the current promotion. In your case, a repricing on the "Sail Plus" (formerly Go Better) perks tier, which I believe you have, since you have two perks currently, would indeed give you four perks. But as others have noted, any additional OBC or other incentives (e.g. a bottle of champagne) you originally received from Celebrity might be removed, so make sure to confirm that before completing the re-pricing. And of course, the latter may also apply if you booked with a TA (i.e. you could have incentives removed), so confirm that as well.

As an example, we received an additional 200$ OBC from Celebrity for our booking back in November, on top of three perks. Those 200$ were not from booking onboard or the like, they were simply a part of the promotion that ran back then. If we re-priced today to the four perks promotion, we would LOSE those 200$ additional OBC, because they were part of the promotion back then, but not part of the current promotion. And at the same time, we would be moved to the current pricing (which all in all would lead to a negative outcome for us, so no thanks). Hopefully this makes sense, and doesn't confuse you even more!

4 minutes ago, mikkelhansen said:

When you re-price a sailing BEFORE final payment, you will always be moved to the current promotion. In your case, a repricing on the "Sail Plus" (formerly Go Better) perks tier, which I believe you have, since you have two perks currently, would indeed give you four perks. But as others have noted, any additional OBC or other incentives (e.g. a bottle of champagne) you originally received from Celebrity might be removed, so make sure to confirm that before completing the re-pricing. And of course, the latter may also apply if you booked with a TA (i.e. you could have incentives removed), so confirm that as well.

As an example, we received an additional 200$ OBC from Celebrity for our booking back in November, on top of three perks. Those 200$ were not from booking onboard or the like, they were simply a part of the promotion that ran back then. If we re-priced today to the four perks promotion, we would LOSE those 200$ additional OBC, because they were part of the promotion back then, but not part of the current promotion. And at the same time, we would be moved to the current pricing (which all in all would lead to a negative outcome for us, so no thanks). Hopefully this makes sense, and doesn't confuse you even more!

We have paid in full and it's past full-payment date, ours only included CBP & Grats and no other incentives. It is now PBP, $150 OBC, Grats & Unlimited internet. That's a huge increase in perks, over $4-500 worth,  and we wouldn't lose on anything. I'll be calling them today to find out.

2 minutes ago, Not a username2 said:

We have paid in full and it's past full-payment date, ours only included CBP & Grats and no other incentives. It is now PBP, $150 OBC, Grats & Unlimited internet. That's a huge increase in perks, over $4-500 worth,  and we wouldn't lose on anything. I'll be calling them today to find out.

Okay, then as mentioned by other users, your only hope would be to be able to upgrade to a higher stateroom category at an upcharge of at least 1$, thus being moved to the current promotion. You MIGHT be able to receive the current promotion and still keep you current stateroom, but such an upgrade is very rare, and would be based solely on goodwill by the customer service agent.