Boat rental in bora bora

Liztraveler

Hi, 

We are excited about our upcoming cruise to Tahiti. Wondering if anyone know about renting a boat from Laplage in bora bora. We have a snorkeling excursion booked for the morning but thought it might be fun to go out on our own. Any advice would be appreciated!  

Liz and Sig. A524

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2020 at 12:23 PM, Liztraveler said:

Hi, 

We are excited about our upcoming cruise to Tahiti. Wondering if anyone know about renting a boat from Laplage in bora bora. We have a snorkeling excursion booked for the morning but thought it might be fun to go out on our own. Any advice would be appreciated!  

Liz and Sig. A524

Don't know how much help this will be but we had some friends who booked a boat with La Plage for 4 hours last year and they loved it. Can't tell if you mean that you might substitute La Plage for your snorkeling tour, or just have the boat for the afternoon. If you meant you might substitute, and only have one day I wouldn't do it. The snorkel operators know where all the best sites are.

We were there for four days a year ago, and as much as La Plage tempted me, I decided that my time was better spent with snorkel tours. But because all day operators snorkel in the morn, have lunch, do shows and hang around the place you lunched til 3pm and no more snorkeling- doing La Plage in the afternoon in place of that would be perfect. I can do without lunch and the Polynesian coconut shows.

Have fun!

Edited by Petoonya

I've rented from LaPlage in November 2018 and we had a blast. I've rented it again for this year  ....

However, traditionally the wind comes up in the afternoon and the best time to snorkel in before 2 pm. Also the 16' foot pontoon boats can only take 4 adults. a 6 hp motor is standard so it is a slow ride for sure .... unless you have a boaters card/licence then  you can have a 15 hp motor and of course for more money. 

For 4 hours it's $250 USD for the 6 hp, $280 for the 15 hp power and they will want to see your licence. 

Picture of the Coral Gardens in 2018 from the deck of our 16' pontoon boat.

_DJS1917.jpg