Captains Club one tier upgrade question booking online

cgolf1

We are looking at a cruise on the constellation in 2022 and have found that an inside room on the second floor vs the seventh floor to be a 100$ PP price difference, seventh is more. When we booked the Apex on-board the Edge we were seeing something similar, but using the one category upgrade we got the lower price for the better room. 

The question is can we make this happen booking online or do we need our TA to call and inquire if it is possible?

3 minutes ago, cgolf1 said:

We are looking at a cruise on the constellation in 2022 and have found that an inside room on the second floor vs the seventh floor to be a 100$ PP price difference, seventh is more. When we booked the Apex on-board the Edge we were seeing something similar, but using the one category upgrade we got the lower price for the better room. 

The question is can we make this happen booking online or do we need our TA to call and inquire if it is possible?

You have to call either agent or Celebrity to get the one category upgrade. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

You have to call either agent or Celebrity to get the one category upgrade. 

Thanks we will have to do that, we found a deal that is almost too good to pass up if we can get the lower cost on the seventh floor.

2 minutes ago, cgolf1 said:

Thanks we will have to do that, we found a deal that is almost too good to pass up if we can get the lower cost on the seventh floor.

Remember that it is one category upgrade so if you are in a Category 7 you are upgraded to Category 8  etc.   Also officially it is suppose to only be available at time of booking so you agent may have to rebook you in order to get the upgrade.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cgolf1 said:

I would put a hold on the cabin you actually want, and then call captain’s club to ask about the single category upgrade. Or, provided it’s a refundable deposit, book the cabin you want online, then call Captain’s club to get the the single category upgrade pricing adjustment on your booking. I’ve used both strategies successfully.  If you’ve already booked with a TA, you’ll have to go through them. I hope it works out for you😊

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I stand corrected.   I've never sailed in an inside and assumed it worked like Aqua and above.  

And to make it even worse, categories 8, 7 and 6 are actually Oceanview cabins... 😉 Insides are categories 12 through 9, with 12 being lowest category, and I believe cat. 12 is not eligible for the Captain's Club complimentary upgrade.

Edited by mikkelhansen

3 hours ago, mikkelhansen said:

And to make it even worse, categories 8, 7 and 6 are actually Oceanview cabins... 😉 Insides are categories 12 through 9, with 12 being lowest category, and I believe cat. 12 is not eligible for the Captain's Club complimentary upgrade.

They don't make it easy.     This is the official T&C

One-Category Upgrade

One-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for upgrades within the supercategory, depending on availability. Example of a super category upgrade in AquaClass: A2 to A1. Upgrades available from categories 11- A1 on all Celebrity ships except Galapagos voyages. Captain's Club one category upgrade excludes categories 12, FV, SV, C1 and guarantee categories, Z, Y, X, XC, XA, W.

On Celebrity Edge categories 12, 9, 7, 6, IO, 1B, 1A, SV, ES, E1, C2, C1, A1 are also excluded. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares including but not limited to travel agent and employee rates. Upgrades apply for one stateroom per cruise. Stateroom assignments only. Not valid on holiday sailings.

Find it interesting that in the first paragraph it says available on all Celebrity Ships except Galapagos Voyages and then in the second paragraph excludes a bunch of categories on Edge. 

Edited by Jim_Iain

20 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

One-Category Upgrade

One-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for upgrades within the supercategory, depending on availability. Example of a super category upgrade in AquaClass: A2 to A1. Upgrades available from categories 11- A1 on all Celebrity ships except Galapagos voyages. Captain's Club one category upgrade excludes categories 12, FV, SV, C1 and guarantee categories, Z, Y, X, XC, XA, W.

On Celebrity Edge categories 12, 9, 7, 6, IO, 1B, 1A, SV, ES, E1, C2, C1, A1 are also excluded. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares including but not limited to travel agent and employee rates. Upgrades apply for one stateroom per cruise. Stateroom assignments only. Not valid on holiday sailings.

Find it interesting that in the first paragraph it says available on all Celebrity Ships except Galapagos Voyages and then in the second paragraph excludes a bunch of categories on Edge. 

We booked this morning and since we picked the lowest class room apparently so the discount didn’t apply. All in all though we are very happy to be trying a new Celebrity ship to us and getting a sideways inside room. The inside rooms on Disney with the entry door on the long wall were very spacious, hoping these rooms on Celebrity are similar to that. 

I did have to book over the phone because the website wasn’t showing the 3 perk option that included the refundable deposit last night or this morning. The gentleman I worked with said the website can be glitchy at times;)

On 1/19/2020 at 1:52 PM, Jim_Iain said:

One-Category Upgrade

If I read this correctly, I can get an S2 on Edge for the price of an S3? If so, that can be a big savings. One sailing I am looking at the difference is $700 pp. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

If I read this correctly, I can get an S2 on Edge for the price of an S3? If so, that can be a big savings. One sailing I am looking at the difference is $700 pp. 

Unfortunately, the 1 category upgrade does not apply to suites.

See  " Upgrades available from categories 11- A1 on all Celebrity ships except Galapagos voyages" in previous Jim_Iain post.

13 minutes ago, varoo said:

Unfortunately, the 1 category upgrade does not apply to suites.

See  " Upgrades available from categories 11- A1 on all Celebrity ships except Galapagos voyages" in previous Jim_Iain post.

Darn, skimmed past that line. Thanks.

mac_tlc

Just following this post for future reference - I was looking for the excluded categories on Edge and couldn't find them anywhere on X's website. We are planning to transfer an existing booking on Equinox to Edge but because we want an SV on Edge, we'll lose the one-category upgrade. Bummer but not the end of the world!

We booked a C2 but wanted a C1 with the one category upgrade.  After booking the C2 we put a courtesy hold on the C1 we wanted and then called our TA to make the switch.  In no time, we were confirmed for the C1 that we wanted.  I do not know of a way to do this without involving either a TA or Celebrity directly.

My experience.

Use the online booking feature to get a good feeling for category pricing and where you would like to be. Then call Celebrity direct and talk to their Vacation Planners/booking agents.  This has saved me from making many costly assumptions based on what I thought I was looking at online, and what the actual "Live" agent at Celebrity could do to help me.  The Vacation Planner can make sure that you get the perks and Captain's Club upgrades that you deserve.

Also, if you've booked far out from sailing date and the rates change in your favor, I've had excellent experiences getting the price adjusted to benefit me. 

Several cruisers recommend that you wait to make final payment until the due date week. I think this is also a good strategy and it allows the Vacation Planners to make changes to your benefit with less hassle. 

Bon Voyage and smooth sailing!