Sites for finding and comparing cruise opportunities

I dont find most of the search tools for finding and comparing cruises very useful.  No price drop alerts, no way to compare choice, prices don't include all costs (taxes, internet, tips etc), no ways to just look at just the lines you  normally like.  Am I crazy?  Has anyone found a better way?   What do you consider when you chose a cruise?

• Like 1

My "better way" has been to hire a travel agent. Not sure that's the solution you're looking for... but it's been really nice to farm watching for price drops, etc. off to someone else and she can usually give us a good sense of the total all-in price. 

As far as choosing a cruise, while we're price-conscious we're ultimately in it for the port stops over all so I'm mostly focusing on the best value rather than cheapest bottom line. (We don't live anywhere close to a cruise port, and don't have flexible schedules, so the whole "Hey, this is $XXX and we've got some time, let's jump on!" thing isn't for us, at least at this point in our lives...)

The details for excursions are so variant that a site would be pretty impossible and wouldn't include everything. I found the roll calls and , port reviews, and ports of call boards have provided great clues Also check out the city experts and city forums on Tripadvisor. Sometimes I use Google and then check out the reviews. 

I agree that it is a lot of work!

I dont find most of the search tools for finding and comparing cruises very useful.  No price drop alerts, no way to compare choice, prices don't include all costs (taxes, internet, tips etc), no ways to just look at just the lines you  normally like.  Am I crazy?  Has anyone found a better way?   What do you consider when you chose a cruise?

the good deals are--

1. Any transatlantic or trans Pacific Cruise below US $50 per day for a basic inside cabin including all port fees and taxes, excluding service charges.

2. any other Cruise below US $70 per day, including all port fees and taxes, excluding service charges.

We can't mention the websites with the best deals, because they are agents and it's not allowed to mention their names

Sent from my Lenovo K8 Note using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The best is Cruise Plum.  It is not a agency and you can not book from their site. They will tell you solo deals near sailing deals.  They you call your agent with the info and ask him to match they always do.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1