Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Lolou127

SS2 GTY upgrade possible?

Recommended Posts

We booked an SS2 GTY on Connie, we’ve been assigned our cabin and (even though we’re in the U.K.) we’ve switched to another SS2, but today 5 SS1 cabins have become available, my question is can I upgrade to one of these or am I ruled out because we booked a GTY? 
 

Also is the only difference between SS1 and SS2 location? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lolou127 said:

We booked an SS2 GTY on Connie, we’ve been assigned our cabin and (even though we’re in the U.K.) we’ve switched to another SS2, but today 5 SS1 cabins have become available, my question is can I upgrade to one of these or am I ruled out because we booked a GTY? 
 

Also is the only difference between SS1 and SS2 location? 


In 2015 we booked a guaranteed suite and were assigned an S2 as I expected. However I noted that 6145 was available (One of two larger S1 suites on M class ships). I called our US based TA and asked if we could swap. Our request was granted. So yes it can be done. At least with US based TA's. I'm also based in the UK but not sure if the UK will do the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Moby Jones said:


In 2015 we booked a guaranteed suite and were assigned an S2 as I expected. However I noted that 6145 was available (One of two larger S1 suites on M class ships). I called our US based TA and asked if we could swap. Our request was granted. So yes it can be done. At least with US based TA's. I'm also based in the UK but not sure if the UK will do the same. 

Thanks Moby, can I ask do you recall if the difference in price was based on when you changed or when you originally booked?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The SS1's that could really be worth going for on the Connie are 6131/32 and 6145/46, each with substantially larger balconies than other sky suites.  My faves are 6131/32.

On the Millennium class ships, at least on deck 6, location is the big difference, with SS2s  located above the lifeboats.  The one Millennium class SS2 I've sailed was not noticeably smaller than SS.

 

My intro to suites on Celeb was an SS2 GTY on Summit--LOVED it, so I wouldn't worry too much if you can't make a switch!

 

have a great trip!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cmhdoogalsatsea said:

The SS1's that could really be worth going for on the Connie are 6131/32 and 6145/46, each with substantially larger balconies than other sky suites.  My faves are 6131/32.

On the Millennium class ships, at least on deck 6, location is the big difference, with SS2s  located above the lifeboats.  The one Millennium class SS2 I've sailed was not noticeably smaller than SS.

 

My intro to suites on Celeb was an SS2 GTY on Summit--LOVED it, so I wouldn't worry too much if you can't make a switch!

 

have a great trip!

Thank you, 6131 & 6132 are both available as of today x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Certainly would be worth at try but I believe in general they only allow swapping within the same sub category.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the addition of the 'moveup' bidding program...

 

If you book a last minute SS guarantee and someone who has a ss2 bids for a higher category, they move up to the CS (or RS, PH,etc), you get their old ss2.  Why?  Because Celebrity makes more money.

 

As long as the moveup program is in effect, the odds for upgrades over the minimum cabin are reduced.

 

JMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have done an upgrade (U.S. Booking) and only had to pay the difference between what I originally paid and the current price of the upgraded cabin.  

 

I've also upgraded using the move-up from a Guarantee and only paid my bid amount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance w/ Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com June 2020
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...