Clever Loyalty change no-one has noticed has already happened

compman9

1 hour ago, SilkySal said:

Just wondering, what if that excellent server in the DL is not present on the last night? Guess you get to keep that coveted $20. We also tip a buck for each "free" drink in the DL and find it no trouble at all. Those servers do a great job IMO.

I am sure that the concierge could make sure it was delivered.  I do not mind the snark.  I don’t care if you think I am a cheap a$$ or not.  My goal in life is not to earn approval from internet holier than thou people.  Nice try.  

On another point.  I think a tip is fine, but to pretend it is required is just silly. But hey if you feel good about yourself, then don’t let me get in your way.  I assume it is necessary for you to find happiness and I am all about happiness.😂

jc

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/20/2020 at 9:11 AM, boscobeans said:

I don't really want to be labeled  or regarded as "SPECIAL" as I walk past the newer cruisers into some Sanctum Sanctorum where they serve meals of better quality on tables with china and crystal not paper plates and paper cups..

No worries, we have a private entrance. 😎

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I am sure that the concierge could make sure it was delivered.  I do not mind the snark.  I don’t care if you think I am a cheap a$$ or not.  My goal in life is not to earn approval from internet holier than thou people.  Nice try.  

On another point.  I think a tip is fine, but to pretend it is required is just silly. But hey if you feel good about yourself, then don’t let me get in your way.  I assume it is necessary for you to find happiness and I am all about happiness.😂

jc

I certainly did not call you names but probably should not have said "coveted", so I do apologize for using that word; however, I did not deserve the "holier than thou" reference either, and did not say that tipping is "required". No hard feelings here, I hope. Just wanted to give my opinion but will try harder to patrol my wording in the future or refrain from commenting at all. Again, my apologies to you and anyone I may have offended with my comment.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Unless staying in a full suite D+ have never had access to the SL.

I probably should stop using the terms CL & SL interchangeably as it's not factually correct, even though it's in essence the same venue, just a matter of who has access.

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

When was the last time you were in the DL?

My next cruise will be the first time.👍 Looking forward to it, especially to see if its as good - or bad - as some make it out to be.  That is why I take an interest in DL topics to prepare myself and be as informed as possible.

🤞 Fingers crossed that Diamonds will still be allowed in the Diamond Lounge. 😉

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

I certainly did not call you names but probably should not have said "coveted", so I do apologize for using that word; however, I did not deserve the "holier than thou" reference either, and did not say that tipping is "required". No hard feelings here, I hope. Just wanted to give my opinion but will try harder to patrol my wording in the future or refrain from commenting at all. Again, my apologies to you and anyone I may have offended with my comment.

Your comments are always respectful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I probably should stop using the terms CL & SL interchangeably as it's not factually correct, even though it's in essence the same venue, just a matter of who has access.

My next cruise will be the first time.👍 Looking forward to it, especially to see if its as good - or bad - as some make it out to be.  That is why I take an interest in DL topics to prepare myself and be as informed as possible.

🤞 Fingers crossed that Diamonds will still be allowed in the Diamond Lounge.

DL on Independence.

IMG_20190525_145256.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

All full suite passengers should only be allowed in the CL/SL regardless of C&A status.  D+ are getting kicked out of CL to make room for suites, so suites should use the space allocated for them rather than crowding the DL.  

That’s just not going to happen unless they do away with the DL. Be careful what you ask for. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

DL on Independence.

Looks very inviting.  Freedom-class is one of my favorite ships.

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Mariner seems cozier in my opinion

20200121_145411.thumb.jpg.1506763cfc44158ca5cad5c483030264.jpg

Couches always makes things cozier!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Agree. Just wanted to make sure you were on the right page.  

9 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

🤞 Fingers crossed that Diamonds will still be allowed in the Diamond Lounge.

I got the impression from  your posts on this thread and other threads concerning the DLs and the upper 3 tier levels you were speaking from personal experiences. IMO don't judge by others opinions or their experiences in the DL, CL or SL. Our experiences (and opinions) especially concerning the DL are different from others I've read here on CC. No doubt losing the CL is a bummer but we'll just wait and see how that affects our experiences on our next cruise in the DL. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

I got the impression from  your posts on this thread and other threads concerning the DLs and the upper 3 tier levels you were speaking from personal experiences.

I thought that might be why you were asking. Apologies if I misrepresented myself. Obviously, I don't let lack of experience prevent me from giving my thoughts on a subject. 😃   But I usually will only respond to someone else's post on the subject and try to keep my comments generic and theoretical in nature.

I'll try to be more cognizant of my wording in the future so as to not pass it off as if I have first hand knowledge.

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

IMO don't judge by others opinions or their experiences in the DL, CL or SL. Our experiences (and opinions) especially concerning the DL are different from others I've read here on CC.

Very true.  As with any other product review websites - be it a cruise ship, hotel, car, TV or toaster - everything needs to be taken with a grain of salt.  I'll make sure to come back to CC to post my first impressions.

EDIT: Just to add, I've picked up some good tips along the way. For example, certain cruises may be top-tier heavy resulting in a crowded lounge and long lines. It seems best to wait until after 1st seating as the DL may clear out a bit.  Helpful tips that with enhance my enjoyment.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...