Clever Loyalty change no-one has noticed has already happened

compman9

The other change is now no more segregated priority boarding line for D and D+.  All lumped together with all levels... on some cruises everyone on the ship can be a C&A member = no benefit.  

I fail to see how this is a money saver. 

Edited by little britain

16 minutes ago, little britain said:

The other change is now no more segregated priority boarding line for D and D+.  All lumped together with all levels... on some cruises everyone on the ship can be a C&A member = no benefit.  

This is the one loss that I miss the most! Selling the "key" is a money maker.

Edited by Vera/Lee

22 minutes ago, little britain said:

Are you referring to the check in?  3 weeks ago they were still doing actual boarding by C&A level when we boarded Oasis. 

Check in IMO is now quick for everyone at the terminals that have gone to iPad check in.  There is literally  no longer a wait.  

• Like 1

So let me get this straight---I in balcony rooms can get enough people to book a suite and get all the benefits that do along with being a suite guest and not have a any previous cruises, or I can book a bunch of low deck interior cabins and get Pinnacle status and get all those same benefits.  But being a loyal cruiser booking one or possibly two cruises a year and finally reaching Diamond or Diamond + gets me shuffled off to a lower level of respect?   Time to expand my horizons and try other cruise lines.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Are you referring to the check in?  3 weeks ago they were still doing actual boarding by C&A level when we boarded Oasis. 

Check in IMO is now quick for everyone at the terminals that have gone to iPad check in.  There is literally  no longer a wait.  

I’ll Be boarding Jewel in about 2 hours so I’ll let you know how they do it in sunny Dubai! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

D+ getting kicked out of the CL started this month across the fleet - first with the "overcrowding" e-mails and now it seems with replacing the CL sign with an SL one.

Biker, who wonders why RCI even bothered with the e-mail scheme.

Probably to get regular D+ accustomed to the change in stages.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm told they have also decided to allow virgin frozen drinks with those three vouchers as well. Some folks are going to think thats an improvement 

Only virgin frozen drinks?  Cheapskates. 

14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I'll try and ask tomorrow on Mariner

See if they include frozen drinks with booze. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

No, it is not. 

But feel free to start another false rumor. 

Yes there were changes.  You can't get your full balcony discount if there is a "sale" on, it used to not be that way.  Surprised this went right over you since you usually are very detail oriented 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Yes there were changes.  You can't get your full balcony discount if there is a "sale" on, it used to not be that way.  Surprised this went right over you since you usually are very detail oriented 

With a few mock bookings I did with my Diamond+ discount for all sailings the price with my balcony discount, non-refundable, resident, senior were all the same so my so called diamond+ discount amounted to 0000000. 

• Like 2

Thank you, fellow cruisers for your posts.  We will see what sign might be outside the CL on Enchantment OTS when we become Diamond Plus/Diamond + Members in August, 2020.  We will still enjoy the cruise.  Hope you enjoy yours, too. 

9 hours ago, NCcruiserstwo said:

So let me get this straight---I in balcony rooms can get enough people to book a suite and get all the benefits that do along with being a suite guest and not have a any previous cruises, or I can book a bunch of low deck interior cabins and get Pinnacle status and get all those same benefits.  But being a loyal cruiser booking one or possibly two cruises a year and finally reaching Diamond or Diamond + gets me shuffled off to a lower level of respect?   Time to expand my horizons and try other cruise lines.

Good luck finding a mainstream line that will treat your loyalty any better. 

Wow.. Over the last 20+ years customer loyalty has evolved and I am not sure whether for the better or not.

In our moderate experience of more than 2 dozen cruises in everything from Royal suites to interior staterooms I wonder how far the class system will go in modern day cruising

Our first cruise was on a Celebrity ship and we joined their Captains Club as Founding members. 

We were "special" and got a pin and advanced notice of sailings with a discount here and there.

We also started back then with Royal and began earning points in the C and A program.

Back then we all had access to whatever the ship offered like the same restaurants and lounges.

Back then ALL passengers expectations were exceeded, (to use a Celebrity ad phrase).

Back then our loyalty was rewarded with a percentage discount here and there, a free laundry coupon or maybe a bowl of fruit or flowers in the stateroom. 

Now who gets to eat in what special venue and supposedly gets better food and better service,  who sits in better seats at shows or with an officer, what lounge is open for what loyalty level and on and on and on.

Back then Cunard broke us up into different classes, in suites or above into the Princess or Queens Grills and down to footman, scullery maid or steerage.

On RC and X everyone had included room service, everyone ate in the MDR where the food was according to my memory always very good, presented beautifully, served by unrushed staff and the same for all passengers.

I don't really want to be labeled  or regarded as "SPECIAL" as I walk past the newer cruisers into some Sanctum Sanctorum where they serve meals of better quality on tables with china and crystal not paper plates and paper cups..

I would feel more "SPECIAL" if along with my Diamond or Elite status there were tiers that gave discounts that increased, and not just on sailings that aren't selling or goofy BOGO sales. Tiers where a few more internet minutes were added, things that really would make our cruise "SPECIAL". 

I guess I always looked at cruising as a way of enjoying the best of service including dining where I didn't have to choose between steerage or the Queen's Grill.

Just my thoughts on cruising over the years. 

• Like 2