Clever Loyalty change no-one has noticed has already happened

compman9

5 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I am always amazed, on a cruise where you are supposed to be cashless, people intentionally stuff dollars bills in their pockets.  Do you bring your wallet too, so you can make a big show of digging your dollar bill out and presenting it to the server.  We were on the Allure 2 weeks ago, we got excellent service from 1 of the wait staff in the DL, and so so service from the others.  They were not bad, but they didn’t anticipate my needs and desires and one did.  The last night I gave that server a 20.  I don’t care how many people try to shame me, I will not be doling out a $ each and everytime I get a free drink in the lounge.  I am not going to open the safe and pull out my stack of dollar bills, I am not going to a strip club.  JMHO and YMMV

jc

#1 I don't keep ones in the safe 😎

#2 I have a little business card wallet with 6 pockets. Every afternoon I grab ones out of the drawer, fold them into pairs and put in the pockets. $12 should get me through Happy Hour😉

Its a very simple system

• Like 4

On 1/19/2020 at 10:09 PM, LorraineP said:

Why would Pinnacles want to go to Diamond Lounges when they have there own Suite. Lounges?

Because they have friends that are D+ or Diamond and not allowed in the CL or Suite Lounge

Edited by HSVcruiser01
mistake

Keep coming up with ideas everyone; figure out why you deserve something that someone else does not.  This way you can negotiate down and reduce expectations all while providing RCI the ideas and justifications for cutting benefits and amenities further. 

We are not the CFO. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

#1 I don't keep ones in the safe 😎

#2 I have a little business card wallet with 6 pockets. Every afternoon I grab ones out of the drawer, fold them into pairs and put in the pockets. $12 should get me through Happy Hour😉

Its a very simple system

I am not sold yet!!!!😂

So, on my recent 7 night cruise, I would have needed $84 ones, and on my upcoming 12 night cruise I am going to need 144?  I think my system is way way better, as I still find out everything about the servers life’s for practically free, and I honestly don’t think I am getting worse service.  

I do appreciate my Pinnacle betters habits, and keep up the good work.  I am just not ever going to work that hard to try to grease the drink skids.  I am way too lazy and unprepared.  😎

JC

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, boscobeans said:

I don't really want to be labeled  or regarded as "SPECIAL" as I walk past the newer cruisers into some Sanctum Sanctorum where they serve meals of better quality on tables with china and crystal not paper plates and paper cups..

I'll be the first to admit I like to be regarded as "special" on my cruise.   Celebrity does a better job, however.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, HSVcruiser01 said:

Because they have friends that are D+ or Diamond and not allowed in the CL or Suite Lounge

Using that logic, then Gold, Emerald, etc members that have D+ or Diamond friends should be allowed in the DL as well.

To paraphrase the police chief from the movie Jaws: "We are going to need a bigger DL". 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

All full suite passengers should only be allowed in the CL/SL regardless of C&A status.  D+ are getting kicked out of CL to make room for suites, so suites should use the space allocated for them rather than crowding the DL.  

Sounds fair 

As there are so many Diamonds and Diamond Plusses now in the Diamond lounge, I am sure the Pinnacles wouldn't mind being restricted to the CL/SL as well

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Using that logic, then Gold, Emerald, etc members that have D+ or Diamond friends should be allowed in the DL as well.

To paraphrase the police chief from the movie Jaws: "We are going to need a bigger DL". 😀

Because Gold, Emerald and Platinum members have not earned the status to be in the DL where as Pinnacles has that status.

In that situation the D and D+ members can use their free drink coupons at a public bar or lounge to be with their Gold, Emerald and Platinum member friends. 

Edited by robtulipe
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

All full suite passengers should only be allowed in the CL/SL regardless of C&A status.  D+ are getting kicked out of CL to make room for suites, so suites should use the space allocated for them rather than crowding the DL.  

until the espresso machine is down in the SL/CL then I m heading over to DL

Tulsacoker who's trying to bring down boarders which divide pax

Edited by Tulsacoker
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, robtulipe said:

Because Gold, Emerald and Platinum members have not earned the status to be in the DL where as Pinnacles has that status.

In that situation the D and D+ members can use their free drink coupons at a public bar or lounge to be with their Gold, Emerald and Platinum member friends. 

Pinns can also use their 3 drink vouchers to hang with their D / D+ buddies at a public bar.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Pinns can also use their 3 drink vouchers to hang with their D / D+ buddies at a public bar.

Yes, they can do that but they don't have to since Pinns and their D and D+ friends are allowed in the DL where as Gold, Emerald and Platinum members are not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robtulipe said:

Correct. That is the current system.  But as you can see, it can be changed as D+ are restricted from CL/SL on certain cruises.

It can be argued that Pinnacles - as the top of the heap - should have access to everything those on the lower tiers have. But to say "that's where my friends are" is a weak argument. Because that opens the door to allow anybody.

Honestly, I'm not sure how much effect kicking P's out of the DL will have on reducing the crowd size. Probably very little for most cruises.

17 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I am always amazed, on a cruise where you are supposed to be cashless, people intentionally stuff dollars bills in their pockets.  Do you bring your wallet too, so you can make a big show of digging your dollar bill out and presenting it to the server.  We were on the Allure 2 weeks ago, we got excellent service from 1 of the wait staff in the DL, and so so service from the others.  They were not bad, but they didn’t anticipate my needs and desires and one did.  The last night I gave that server a 20.  I don’t care how many people try to shame me, I will not be doling out a $ each and everytime I get a free drink in the lounge.  I am not going to open the safe and pull out my stack of dollar bills, I am not going to a strip club.  JMHO and YMMV

jc

Just wondering, what if that excellent server in the DL is not present on the last night? Guess you get to keep that coveted $20. We also tip a buck for each "free" drink in the DL and find it no trouble at all. Those servers do a great job IMO.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, goldfish65 said:

No offense intended, that's a new one for me, not tipping because cash is difficult to handle! :classic_laugh:

I've read arguments, er, discussions on whether or not you should tip and if you should tip extra.....but how to tip is a first! 😁

Trying to keep the tipping discussion going.

Edited by HBE4
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

This kind of reminds me of the Diamond Superior status as discussed in...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2470761-i-do-flaunt-my-campa-status/

Uh-oh. Between the tipping discussion, the dreaded DS thread and Pinnacles mentioned in a negative way, it's a sure fire way to get this thread shut down.

Better get the snarky posts in while we can. lol

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Correct. That is the current system.  But as you can see, it can be changed as D+ are restricted from CL/SL on certain cruises.

It can be argued that Pinnacles - as the top of the heap - should have access to everything those on the lower tiers have. But to say "that's where my friends are" is a weak argument. Because that opens the door to allow anybody.

Honestly, I'm not sure how much effect kicking P's out of the DL will have on reducing the crowd size. Probably very little for most cruises.

The point you are missing is that entry to the DL is only for those who have earned D or higher C&A status so that doesn't include everyone as in Gold, Emerald and Platinum member friends.

DW and I are C&A D+ so we shouldn't be in the DL with many of our D friends we often cruise RCI with if there is a CL we can go into but they can't.

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Unless staying in a full suite D+ have never had access to the SL. Bummer SLs are replacing CLs.  Most ships we've cruised on we preferred the DL over the CL. The option of DL and CL was an excellent way to help with the crowds. When was the last time you were in the DL?  

Edited by davekathy