Live From the Sky Princess B2B January 25 - February 8, 2020

Woobstr112G

21 minutes ago, Reader0108598 said:
  • Bob happy Retirement! Just know you are going to feel lost at first.. It will even out ... 🙂!  Stay safe until then! 
  •  I only had 25 years health took over! Hope my son retires early he should open a gym he is there every day 
  • \I am thankful that he boxed as a kid and for our state police! Comes in handy when you have to get into it! He is now 40 but still better shape than some of the kids! 🙂

Bob forgot to say Bailey is adorable and get Hollie some clear broth 🙂

36 minutes ago, CenTexan said:

Hi, Bob, You probably haven't had time/interest, but would you happen to know if the in-room TV has free movies, streaming on demand? Royal and Regal have this option, but I wonder about Sky . . . if they make you pay for it. Thanks! Brian

They have a fairly sized selection of VOD movies onboard.......

Bob

On 2/2/2020 at 9:08 AM, Woobstr112G said:

Lastly, If you would like to try an "Ernesto Burger" at the Salty Dog Grill, there will be a 20-25 minute wait time as they make it at another location and bring it to you.

Hope all are well.....😊😊😊

Bob

Bob, I tried this and was extremely disappointed. The burger flippers up on deck 16 do not possess the required skills to execute this great burger that I have had in the Wheelhouse on other ships. The 'Sky' version of this was a joke.

Jim😎

set.thumb.jpg.4970fd5244543a501827259f9b5cad77.jpg

Good evening everyone from the Sky Princess (1950 local time).  I took the above picture as we were departing Roatan a couple of hours ago.  Unfortunately we did not go on our excursion today due to Holli still being a little under he weather.  I did get off the ship for a couple of hours and toured Mahogany Bay.  I must say that I was quite impressed with Roatan.  All of the locals were super friendly.  I just walked around down to the beach and took a bunch of pictures.  I did also enjoy some adult beverages along the way.

For dinner tonight, we just stayed in the cabin.  I was able to get Holli to eat a little.  When I was up in the WFMP, I did note they were doing Planks in a rear corner of the dining area.  

Tomorrow in Belize, we have nothing planned so I will see what the day brings.

I'm going to cut this short tonight because I need to work on touching up and cataloging my photos.  I always do this on all of our cruises to alleviate having to do it all when I get home.  

That's all for now.

Bob

• Like 3

We will be on the Sky Princess in late August.  Have you noticed if pickleball is offered as an activity?  My husband has played on another Princess cruise and is HOPING he can play on this one!

Thanks for taking the time to post your observations and your pictures. This is greatly appreciated.  Hope your wife is feeling better. 

Edited by cruisersmom
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, cruisersmom said:

We will be on the Sky Princess in late August.  Have you noticed if pickleball is offered as an activity?  My husband has played on another Princess cruise and is HOPING he can play on this one!

Thanks for taking the time to post your observations and your pictures. This is greatly appreciated.  Hope your wife is feeling better. 

Funny you should ask this I live in a small town our roads are falling apart! They have been poisoning our water for years ..(think Flint) City council voted 70,000 for pickleball courts converting tennis courts!

I however have to buy water and drive on the wrong side of the road half the time! We have pickleball courts...yipppeee! One councilor had the nerve to say seniors should stay active and healthy! We are carrying the cases of water into our homes!

Cruisemom not directed at you 🙂 On a bit of a rant ....Hope they have hubbies pickleball! Have a great cruise!!

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Like 1

Mrng.thumb.jpg.34c2ee1ecd2cc6f5be16463bab7a09f4.jpg

Good morning all from the Sky Princess (0615 local time).  We are nearing our next port of call of Belize which will be another tender port.  Holli says she is feeling a little better today so that is a definite plus.  Today in Belize, we actually do not have anything booked so I'm not sure what's on tap.  I am happy to report that I finally found those elusive egg sandwiches in the IC.  I am happy to report they are still very tasty and yummy. 

Couple of things I wanted to mention about the WFMP (yes I know that food is a very subjective matter & I'll try to keep my rant to a minimum).  The temps of the hot foods frankly are lacking IMHO.  Everything served is luke warm to just plain cold. I believe this is due to the fact they they set the foods out a great deal of a time before the actual sections open.  Whatever type of warmers they are using are not working.  Lastly, the continental breakfast served is quite lacking in variety.  The regular breakfast service does not begin till 0600 (and they are very precise on waiting till 0600 to open).  I spoke with a rather unfriendly head waiter about my observations and was abruptly told to go to the continental breakfast buffet. 

Anyway, rant done.  I will check in later.

Bob 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cruisersmom said:

I saw several passengers playing during last week's voyage.  Haven't been up to the sports deck as of yet on this voyage.....😊😊😊

Bob

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reader0108598 said:

Funny you should ask this I live in a small town our roads are falling apart! They have been poisoning our water for years ..(think Flint) City council voted 70,000 for pickleball courts converting tennis courts!

I however have to buy water and drive on the wrong side of the road half the time! We have pickleball courts...yipppeee! One councilor had the nerve to say seniors should stay active and healthy! We are carrying the cases of water into our homes!

Cruisemom not directed at you 🙂 On a bit of a rant ....Hope they have hubbies pickleball! Have a great cruise!!

We use to fly into Flint when going to Saginaw where my wife is  from . Now we live in South Florida where we have dirt roads - until it rains . We have to carry our bottled water also and we don't even have pickleball courts !  😎

• Like 1

I was in Belize last year.  The tender ride can be bumpy.  Our snorkling excursion was cancelled to to rough waters; so my wife and I stayed on ship, She did not want to deal with 25 min tender ride both ways.  Have fun today no matter what you do.  

2 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

We use to fly into Flint when going to Saginaw where my wife is  from . Now we live in South Florida where we have dirt roads - until it rains . We have to carry our bottled water also and we don't even have pickleball courts !  😎

Just wondering what people pay taxs for!

10 hours ago, cruisersmom said:

I was on the Sky Princess on a B2B in January.  They offered Pickleball Open Play (unhosted) from 10a-12n almost everyday.  Center court on deck 18 Aft.   🙂

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 6:26 AM, Woobstr112G said:

7327EF2B-B25D-4080-A6D4-AFA18EC258E2.thumb.jpeg.9577f3907ca3dc5c900e861f81326307.jpeg

Sorry about the non cruise post, a but proud papa has to brag.  The pet hotel where Bailey is staying at sent us this picture on Sunday.  It’s hard to believe he’s only 20 weeks old. We both can’t wait to see him on Sunday......😊😊😊

Bob

Beautiful dog...we love our Goldens!!  Great review of your trip...thanks for taking your time to do this!

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 6:26 AM, Woobstr112G said:

7327EF2B-B25D-4080-A6D4-AFA18EC258E2.thumb.jpeg.9577f3907ca3dc5c900e861f81326307.jpeg

Sorry about the non cruise post, a but proud papa has to brag.  The pet hotel where Bailey is staying at sent us this picture on Sunday.  It’s hard to believe he’s only 20 weeks old. We both can’t wait to see him on Sunday......😊😊😊

Bob

Beautiful dog...we love our Goldens!!  Great review of your trip...thanks for taking your time to do this!

• Like 1