Flying v's Southampton prices

emam

Just looking at a pure cost to P&O say comparing azura and ventura one doing fly, one doing ex southampton... If the ship costs e.g. 30£ per day to run per passenger ( same ships ) , the differences would be fuel over cruise (miles sailed) port costs and flight costs. So it would depend purely on cost if the fuel run down from southampton to the posts and back is greater or less than the cost of flying to from port/transfers and miles sailed on fly cruise etc. I'd expect the fly cruise would be slightly more expensive base cost.. but they have their profit margins to play with and demand/occupation of the ships.

it all comes down to itinerary ease of travel and destination for most peeps vs cost of final holiday affordable..

1 minute ago, lebreos said:

Just looking at a pure cost to P&O say comparing azura and ventura one doing fly, one doing ex southampton... If the ship costs e.g. 30£ per day to run per passenger ( same ships ) , the differences would be fuel over cruise (miles sailed) port costs and flight costs. So it would depend purely on cost if the fuel run down from southampton to the posts and back is greater or less than the cost of flying to from port/transfers and miles sailed on fly cruise etc. I'd expect the fly cruise would be slightly more expensive base cost.. but they have their profit margins to play with and demand/occupation of the ships.

it all comes down to itinerary ease of travel and destination for most peeps vs cost of final holiday affordable..

Good point. 

I tend to study 'offers' looking for deals and although starting prices can be similar, the fly cruises never seem to drop much. 

This may be because of demand, or probably because of flight costs. 

Andy 

How much dos the flight cost. for example Marella do fly cruises to the Med. They also do cruise only for a cheaper price. I costed a cruise from Naples in June 2021, the cruise only price was about £175 cheaper per person.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, davecttr said:

How much dos the flight cost. for example Marella do fly cruises to the Med. They also do cruise only for a cheaper price. I costed a cruise from Naples in June 2021, the cruise only price was about £175 cheaper per person.

£175 return UK/Naples sounds realistic for a group booking, particularly as Marella are part of TUI who own the airline.

• Like 1