Cruise Critic Community
luckyinpa

summit deck 9 overhang forward

ive searched the internet and did find some pics looking out cabins from millennium (9020 below). thats the same as summit from what i gather? specifically i'm looking at 9016 9020 9022 since those are under rooms on deck 10. and from the pics i looked at i see its probably under the huge part of the overhang. but wanted to confirm i'm correct and circled what i believe is those cabins. as long as i know what i'm running into i'm ok with it. i think the location sounds much better than 6 mid ship i was considering. 

any negatives other than the overhang and poles?

our rooms under overhang.PNG

cabin 9020 pic.PNG

We were in 9026 on a transatlantic, and we had no issues.  I would book it again.  It was before they added the staterooms above.  🍷

We were in a CS on deck 10 on Millennium going through the Panama Canal a few years ago...never had an issue...we actually liked the overhang as we were protected from rain storms.

Edited by Swordfish1949

2 hours ago, Swordfish1949 said:

We were in a CS on deck 10 on Millennium going through the Panama Canal a few years ago...never had an issue...we actually liked the overhang as we were protected from rain storms.

I'm sure you meant Deck  9.  🍷

You may find that the overhang has changed post revolution.   Most of those saw tooth cut outs were filled so the cabins on both side of the cutout may now be covered also.   I've stayed in AQ cabins on 9 on Summit whit the overhang and was not a problem.   You get less sun and sometimes the overhang shows up in a photo but not a distraction to us.

image.thumb.png.13af7156c1ac182aa51f6b5a6afa45b9.png

is the overhang totally irrelevant on deck 8 (in my first post still under that overhang forward that i circled)

Edited by luckyinpa