New Seaday Brunch Menu

Titan_Cruiser

5 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

My worst service experiences have been with breakfast and brunch.

how they seat breakfast and brunch is untenable, it's a recipe for disaster. All they need to is make it like a real restaurant and not wait for tables to fill. If 2 sit at an 8 top, take the order. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

I will miss the Pollo Diavolo (or at least I think that's what it was called) at Sea Day Brunch.  Nice heat but not too much.

I ordered that once and the waiter looked at me like I had two heads. It was good! But I guess not very popular

3 hours ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

Do you have to sit with strangers at breakfast/brunch or can you wait for a small table?

The last time I cruised Carnival there were 5 of us and we had our own table but this time only 3 of us are going.

Yes, you can request a table for 3. 

5 hours ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

Do you have to sit with strangers at breakfast/brunch or can you wait for a small table?

The last time I cruised Carnival there were 5 of us and we had our own table but this time only 3 of us are going.

You should be able to wait, but the last few times we went it wasn't that full and weren't seated with others.

2 hours ago, tinykygal said:

What type of attire  is suggested for brunch or breakfast in MDR?

We tried breakfast in MDR 1x, not enthused.  However, I would love to try the brunch .

Thank you.

T-shirts, Shorts, and sandals are fine for breakfast/brunch.  A sundress type cover-up would be fine, but I wouldn't do one that shows pool attire.  I often find it chilly and have a sweater, ymmv.  If you would wear it to daytime trivia or other indoor daytime event it is probably fine for breakfast/brunch.

5 hours ago, tinykygal said:

What type of attire  is suggested for brunch or breakfast in MDR?

We tried breakfast in MDR 1x, not enthused.  However, I would love to try the brunch .

Thank you.

We both wore shorts & t-shirts for brunch in the MDR. Very casual. 

On 1/20/2020 at 7:23 PM, Stacie. said:

I had the breakfast board and it was delicious! 

C042C666-6232-47A5-8DB0-6BB9040CB867.jpeg

I had that on one of our last cruises...I had hard boiled eggs and was ready to cut into one but....it went rolling off the table to the feet of the waiter as he was passing by....just like a comedy movie...I think at home I would have been mortified BUT I am much more relaxed on a cruise so just apologized and later laughed about it 😉 

• Like 2

On 1/20/2020 at 7:23 PM, Stacie. said:

I had the breakfast board and it was delicious! 

C042C666-6232-47A5-8DB0-6BB9040CB867.jpeg

Thanks for this. Looks like a disassembled sandwich lol. I always tell myself to get something else besides the steak and eggs. This might be something I try!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coevan said:

what is the unknown meat? looks like well done roast beef

It’s pastrami. It was really good. The sourdough toast was also excellent—DH tried a bite and liked it so much that he had the waiter bring him a couple of pieces as well. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stacie. said:

It’s pastrami. It was really good. The sourdough toast was also excellent—DH tried a bite and liked it so much that he had the waiter bring him a couple of pieces as well. 

Maybe it's just the picture, but the pastrami looks dried out. I'm guessing that was not the case?

8 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Maybe it's just the picture, but the pastrami looks dried out. I'm guessing that was not the case?

No, it wasn’t dried out at all—it was good! Just not a great picture I guess. 

13 hours ago, Joebucks said:

Thanks for this. Looks like a disassembled sandwich lol. I always tell myself to get something else besides the steak and eggs. This might be something I try!

The Breakfast Board is on the Port Day Breakfast Menu and not the Seaday Brunch menu. I enjoyed it but Carnival should serve the soft boiled eggs in a true egg cup so you don't have to hold the egg shell while spooning the egg out. I burned a finger slightly 😉 I'm taking my own egg cup from home next month. The pastrami served with it was good but the one shown in this photo appears to have been sliced with the grain and this would make the beef tough and chewy. The side of bacon is just that: a side that is ordered a la carte and doesn't come with the breakfast board.

Here's the item description from the Port Day Menu:

"EGGS breakfast board soft boiled egg, baby lettuce salad, pastrami, grilled sour dough house-made yogurt butter, seasonal jam"

Edited by sanmarcosman

6 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

The pastrami served with it was good but the one shown in this photo appears to have been sliced with the grain and this would make the beef tough and chewy.

This is why it looked like roast beef. I had a pastrami sandwich yesterday and it looked nothing like that. Looks like they are using the navel and not the flat, where the fat and flavor is.

3 minutes ago, coevan said:

This is why it looked like roast beef. I had a pastrami sandwich yesterday and it looked nothing like that. Looks like they are using the navel and not the flat, where the fat and flavor is.

You can slice both but when you get near the end you have to take it off the slicer and turn it to continue slicing against the grain. I don't know if they still do but in 2015 Carnival was slicing Hebrew National pastrami and we like the brand. We had never had pastrami for breakfast until Carnival and now we have it at home instead of bacon.