Ambassador Level "Free" Cruise Benefit??

DebbieCruises

The interesting thing I find for PoA, if you could get that as your free cruise, is as follows:-

The Sailaway Rate for a Balcony (cheapest) in March this year is quoted as NZD5033 per person.   That is made up, for 2,  of Fare NZD9239 and Taxes, Fees etc of NZD826.

I will be happy, if I get to Ambassador, for the two of us to get NZD9239 as a perk for the cost of NZD826 plus the Gratuity.

15 hours ago, Love my butler said:

You absolutely won't ever book your 'free' cruise.  You had only 12 months from the date you made Ambassador level.

For your convenience of course.....

After many complaints NCL increased the time to book and take the cruise to two years but -- shocker! -- the website is incorrect.

15 hours ago, Coastalbreezes said:

After many complaints NCL increased the time to book and take the cruise to two years but -- shocker! -- the website is incorrect.

Well considering it often took months for NLC to even notify new Ambassadors of their 'free' cruise that is the least NCL could do.

And as always, unless I see it in official writing from NCL, I don't believe it.

Edited by Love my butler

We met ambassadors on the Bliss last summer. They were often in the Haven lounge or restaurant talking to staff and other guests. Very friendly. At one point I got mosey as we were turned down for a window seat at breakfast as that table was reserved for them for the duration of the cruise, or so I was told.  So when we next saw them, I asked why they got special treatment (more respectfully of course) and they told us they were Ambassadors and live aboard the ships for a good portion of the year, often in the Haven, although they prefer aft penthouse suites. They had badges like staff with their country flag and with the title “Ambassador.” They had the option of taking staff corridors to quickly move about the ship in less crowded areas, which at times, I thought could be a nice perk (ie hopping in a staff elevator to the Haven after a show instead of waiting for another full elevator.) they welcomed people back from the ports with waves in the afternoon from their balcony. Very friendly.

that aside, I think this perk is ridiculous. It should be 7 night in a balcony with current perks included. I understand charging taxes and port fees. I also think that whatever the balcony rate is, should be able to be applied to a higher level cabin 1:1, so if the balcony is 1200 and Haven is 3,000, the people should be able to pay $1800 per person and have the room of their choosing. They’re really missing the mark here.

Well, I finally booked our free Ambassador cruise.  We booked an aft Haven suite on the Breakaway.  We did get the Free-at-Sea perk included (but still had to pay the tips for dinners and drink package).  They applied the cost of the balcony to the cost of the suite though, so I am happy with that.  Plus we will get to see our favorite concierge.  Yaaaay!

1 hour ago, DebbieCruises said:

Well, I finally booked our free Ambassador cruise.  We booked an aft Haven suite on the Breakaway.  We did get the Free-at-Sea perk included (but still had to pay the tips for dinners and drink package).  They applied the cost of the balcony to the cost of the suite though, so I am happy with that.  Plus we will get to see our favorite concierge.  Yaaaay!

Who is..........

12 hours ago, DebbieCruises said:

Yay!!!