Studio Stateroom

trbarton

31 minutes ago, HowardK said:

I did find sometimes on certain sailings taking the hangers out of the closet made less clanging noise at night.

This is true in every cabin type. I gave only ever stayed in Balconies and have had to remove empty hangers from the closets on several of my sailings when traveling at full speed or in rough seas.

On 1/20/2020 at 8:06 PM, trbarton said:

I understand that their is storage in the 2 cabinets next to the TV.  Is their any shelves in the cabinets?  Is their a small refrigerator under the sink?

Heres another good photo from their web site. 

image.thumb.jpeg.6982650ed0760340ae3a5973d682e64c.jpeg

Tom😀

What’s right underneath the sink?  Is that the trash can?

Any electrical plugs & if so where?

Tom😎

5 hours ago, trbarton said:

What’s right underneath the sink?  Is that the trash can?

See attached pic.

5 hours ago, trbarton said:

Any electrical plugs & if so where?

In the picture you quoted - that silver box below the TV is the outlets.  There is also one in the sink area (shelf above the kleenex in my picture) but I believe that's a shaver outlet (low draw devices like a shaver or a toothbrush charger).

IMG_2735.jpeg

Edited by hallux

14 hours ago, FLAHAM said:

A few weeks ago my studio steward asked if I'd like daily ice and I said "yes,"  He left a filled ice bucket daily and I aoppreciated it. 

You were fortunate as the supply of ice buckets has been discontinued so he must have been quite 'benevolent' to have done that (extra) duty for you!  Did you tip him?

I LOVE the studios.  Did two cruises in one on the Escape last year and booked it for a 15 night TA in April.  The cabins are bright, cheery and have plenty of space for one person.  The studio lounge has the best (and free) coffee on the ship.  In my case, I travel with other women friends.  We like having our "own" space, and our own bathroom.  ::classic_biggrin:

I would not hesitate to book a studio. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hallux said:

See attached pic.

In the picture you quoted - that silver box below the TV is the outlets.  There is also one in the sink area (shelf above the kleenex in my picture) but I believe that's a shaver outlet (low draw devices like a shaver or a toothbrush charger).

IMG_2735.jpeg

To add - I think Bliss had plugs under the phone too? I'm pretty sure I didn't plug my phone into the USB ports but I could be mistaken. However, for others on the ships before Bliss there is not any ports/plugs under the phone. In fact on the ships before Bliss the magazines/crap is actually in your headboard not under the phone like Bliss (and presumably Encore). 

If I remember right, there was a plug inside the desk area, and also a plug in the sink area shelves (as shown above). I put my carry on suitcase next to the bed to use as a nightstand. The plug in the desk area was close enough to be able to put my plugged in phone next to the bed.  Both plugs were very convenient, especially compared to the inside room I had before, where the plug was across the room. Another benefit to the single rooms!

9 hours ago, GeriatricNurse said:

You were fortunate as the supply of ice buckets has been discontinued so he must have been quite 'benevolent' to have done that (extra) duty for you!  Did you tip him?

I routinely tip my cabin steward $20/week.

6 hours ago, smplybcause said:

To add - I think Bliss had plugs under the phone too? I'm pretty sure I didn't plug my phone into the USB ports but I could be mistaken. However, for others on the ships before Bliss there is not any ports/plugs under the phone. In fact on the ships before Bliss the magazines/crap is actually in your headboard not under the phone like Bliss (and presumably Encore). 

Thanks. What’s the item underneath the sink?  Is that your trash can & if not where is the trash can?

Yes it’s already been reported that on the Bliss their are USB plugs underneath the phone once you remove the stuff there. 

Tom😎

Edited by trbarton

28 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Thanks. What’s the item underneath the sink?  Is that your trash can & if not where is the trash can?

Yes it’s already been reported that on the Bliss their are USB plugs underneath the phone once you remove the stuff there. 

Tom😎

Trash can. On other studios there's a drawer to the side that serves that purpose, dunno why they don't add trashcans to the others. 

I think the Studios are GREAT other than the shower.  They are small and there is nowhere to stow shampoo, conditioner, razor, shave cream, comb, etc.  I always bring a collapsible, mesh, shower caddy and hang it over the shower head to stash my necessities.

JMO ☺️

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, OceanBlueWaters said:

I think the Studios are GREAT other than the shower.  They are small and there is nowhere to stow shampoo, conditioner, razor, shave cream, comb, etc.  I always bring a collapsible, mesh, shower caddy and hang it over the shower head to stash my necessities.

JMO ☺️

Or like what some cruisers do - go to the gym to use the shower. Yea, that shower in the room is tiny. But other than this issue, everything else seem to be okay.

2 minutes ago, poohdreaming said:

Yea, that shower in the room is tiny

Smaller enclosure - less distance to fall if you're showering during rough seas, less chance of hurting yourself.

Yes, the "fluffier" among us (myself included) may have some trouble having enough space to complete the task.  I don't recall the shower in my balcony being THAT much bigger than that in the Studio, though I admit that it did seem bigger by some amount.