Jump to content

bringing grandkids without their parents, what do I need besides the birthcertificates?

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, gerif said:

The letter from the parents must be notarized. It should include authorization for medical treatment and you should have their insurance cards. 

Keep in mind that their medical expenses probably won’t be covered by their insurance.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Notarized note from any parent on their birth certificates allowing you to take them out of the country.  Birth certificates should be certified copies. If you bring passports, also bring the birth certificates to show parents' names.  I take this paperwork with me when I go ashore as well on the off chance I'm asked by immigration getting back on board )or especially if you're crossing borders while ashore, which can happen on an Alaska cruise).  

Edited by Kerry's Girls
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holland America Line’s Alaska Exploration Sale
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
  • Create New...