Carnival's 50 Years of Fun

knowlc

46 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I got the email with a link to the sailings. I didn’t see one unique itinerary. Maybe Carnival thinks adding a “Fun ship meetup” to the same old itineraries makes it unique?? Extremely underwhelmed.

Have to agree with you, thought there might be some different itineraries also.  Not sure how this "meetup" is an extra perk??  Glad we went ahead and just re-booked our Mardi Gras for 2021 to use our FCC.  We actually got a much better deal than originally booked for same exact room and itinerary and not during hurricane season, lol.  Don't really see better pricing either for the said itineraries on older ships.  Oh well, maybe others can see some value in these new bookings.

If this is all that there is I am disappointed. I was hoping for a few unique Mardi Gras Journeys cruises that we (cancelled cruisers), would get the first crack at booking. Glad now that we have used or 25% FCC already, and not waited until now. 😎

I am going to wait until Feb. 15th. as the manager stated that's when the 50 years of Fun information will be release.  I think there is more to come and these are "birthday" cruises not the one mentioned in our cancellation letters.

I'm not seeing anything that grabs my interest either. We already have Hawaii on the Miracle scheduled for next year. That's where we applied our 25% FCC and $200 cabin credit. Don't have anything set up for 2022 yet but might wait to see when Carnival gets her next Mardi Gras Class ship. It's supposed to be sometime in 2022.

Edited by SDPadreFan

What is a “Fun ship meet up”?

oh, never mind...I just found it by looking at one of the sailings.  This better not be the “Special Itineraries “ that the Cancelation Letter refers to.  I’ll wait until the 15th and hope for something interesting.

Edited by lasekeye

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

These are just sailings Carnival has out to start the celebration.  I really doubt these are the ones they talked about.  I reached out to a contact and asked, waiting on a reply.  

I sure hope you are right! 😎

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

These are just sailings Carnival has out to start the celebration.  I really doubt these are the ones they talked about.  I reached out to a contact and asked, waiting on a reply.  

I agree. Has to be something better.

But it would be cool to see the ships come together like that. 

I booked one of the Sailabration cruises and am definitely looking forward to the meetup.

Our meetup is going to include Mardis Gras, Sunrise, Glory, Vista, Breeze, and Pride on on March 7th, 2022.

I would bet that there will be a fireworks show or something similar.

These cruises are also going to have special things on them in regards to food, drinks, events, etc.