Carnival's 50 Years of Fun

knowlc

9 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Thank you. I will keep that in mind when you speak in error. The private island concept is the outgrowth of demand of the explosion of new cruisers, and existing cruisers. Those....are the new ports. Apparently this concept is growing as Disney has one as well, as you know. 

Speak in error?  Me? 🤥. The concept is growing, Royal is putting an amusement park 🥵  Does not make it right tho, what’s next ?

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 4:50 PM, crzndeb said:

Yes, these sound very much like Journey cruises, but most are shorter and more expensive. I think the ship meetup is a draw for many. If there were some unique itineraries, I would maybe consider it. I‘m holding out to hear with the Carnivale or Festivale ( wink wink), will do in the Fall. With the delay of the Mardi Gras, it may not sail until 2023.

I haven't compared them to the Journey cruises, but I was booked on the Freedom in February 2022 and moved my booking to the sailabration cruise and it was the exact same price. It's skipping Amber Cove and has 1 less sea day. Subbing in Freeport and Nassau.

15 minutes ago, reeinaz said:

I haven't compared them to the Journey cruises, but I was booked on the Freedom in February 2022 and moved my booking to the sailabration cruise and it was the exact same price. It's skipping Amber Cove and has 1 less sea day. Subbing in Freeport and Nassau.

A Journey Cruise is usually 10+ days. Is your Sailabration cruise a longer one? I know there is a Hawaii sailabration cruise that is longer, but I haven’t looked into the others.

5 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

The prodigal son returns, wow where have you been!  Agree on the post

Working and cruising! 
Missing the old Cruise Critic where info was abundant and discussions were lively and relevant; Facebook groups may have taken over, but they'll never provide the in depth info CC of old used to provide.

• Like 2

I never received anything and nothing was posted by John Heald that I was told would happen.  I have also called and left messages with the person at Carnival that told me this and also have sent emails.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised that no one is bothering to call me back.  Now I have lost the onboard credit that was offered.

A little bit of info I found...

FUN SHIP MEETUPS

Grab a Carnival Sailabration cruise and your ship will be meeting up with a sister ship for a huge celebration at sea.

Each ship will be throwing its own party on Lido, where the Playlist Productions cast will join the ship’s band and DJ for a completely rockin’ celebration, sing-alongs to classic tunes you love, culminating in a special nighttime show at sea.

ENTERTAINMENT
  • Enjoy the 50th Birthday Bash Sailaway Party, where you’re invited to wear your favorite Carnival logo gear, becoming part of a massive sea of red, white and blue
  • Come see us at the Build-A-Bear Birthday Party, featuring the debut of a special-edition, way-cuddlable buddy
  • Dance on over to a unique Wiggle for Westmead or Conga for Kids dance party, with winners taking home special 50th-birthday prizes
  • Bring the good times back with Throwback Sea Day, featuring classic activities and events that Carnival fans love
FOOD
  • We’re bringing back the Midnight Gala Buffet extravaganza that’s as much about the food as the sights — get your camera ready because we’ll be showcasing the culinary team’s talents with amazing ice carvings, fruit-and-veggie showpieces… and of course, amazing appetizers, main courses and desserts
  • Experience a dining room parade straight out of Carnival’s early days, showcasing our waiters’ dance moves
  • Enjoy a secret, special commemorative dessert designed to celebrate this birthday
  • Choose from old-school dining-room culinary favorites like cappuccino pie, duck a l’orange and cherries jubilee

DRINKS
  • Check your Seaday Brunch menu and you’ll find a unique Birthday Bellini
  • Grab a cocktail prescription and enjoy a Celebration Spritz at Alchemy Bar