Final payment date moved without notice

jamieleighann16

This morning I got an email that I thought was fake telling me my cruise was about to be canceled due to non payment because we missed the final payment date of 1/19/20. I logged in to carnival to check as well and it was saying the same thing! The final payment date has always been 2/3/20 and we had it paid off until we decided to upgrade our cabin a few weeks ago so we had a balance again. Thankfully I saw the email in time and we were able to login and pay the remainder. This could have been very bad if I didn’t see that email! Has this happened to anyone else? Why would Carnival do that? 

24 minutes ago, shof515 said:

carnival recently changed the final payment due dates for cruises. maybe your cruise was effected by this

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/481/kw/final payment

Thanks for the link.  I booked my next cruise 3 days before the change so I’m good.  Just need Allstate to have some discounted Carnival cards available & I’ll start paying now anyway.

1 hour ago, Purvis1231 said:

Different cabin sometime have different due dates. This happened to me when I moved from an ocean view to a balcony. I hope you make the payment and enjoy the cruise.

That's a new one. Different due dates for different cabin categories. I've never heard of this before.

Guess you really have to read the fine print. I always just "assumed" that the final payment date was the same no matter what cabin you booked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

That's a new one. Different due dates for different cabin categories. I've never heard of this before.

Guess you really have to read the fine print. I always just "assumed" that the final payment date was the same no matter what cabin you booked.

It is the same.  All cabin categories have the same final due date.

I am more like thinking you had the original final payment due date but when you upgraded you no longer were Grandfathered into the later due date and the new deadline became effect. So glad you noticed and got it taken care of! ❤️ 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeni99 said:

I am more like thinking you had the original final payment due date but when you upgraded you no longer were Grandfathered into the later due date and the new deadline became effect. So glad you noticed and got it taken care of! ❤️ 

Agreed. The new policy changed the final payment date of 2-5 day cruises from 90 days out to 75 days, a difference of 15 days. The OP's due date changed by 15 days. I'm betting that's not a coincidence and the OP has a 2-5 day cruise.

5 hours ago, jamieleighann16 said:

This morning I got an email that I thought was fake telling me my cruise was about to be canceled due to non payment because we missed the final payment date of 1/19/20. I logged in to carnival to check as well and it was saying the same thing! The final payment date has always been 2/3/20 and we had it paid off until we decided to upgrade our cabin a few weeks ago so we had a balance again. Thankfully I saw the email in time and we were able to login and pay the remainder. This could have been very bad if I didn’t see that email! Has this happened to anyone else? Why would Carnival do that? 

When you changed cabins, you got switched from the old PIF date policy to the new PIF date policy.

Did you get an email confirmation with the new cabin?  I bet that confirmation had the new date.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Organized Chaos said:

Agreed. The new policy changed the final payment date of 2-5 day cruises from 90 days out to 75 days, a difference of 15 days. The OP's due date changed by 15 days. I'm betting that's not a coincidence and the OP has a 2-5 day cruise.

But it got changed from 75 days to 90 days.

41 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

When you changed cabins, you got switched from the old PIF date policy to the new PIF date policy.

Did you get an email confirmation with the new cabin?  I bet that confirmation had the new date.

You are correct. I just went and checked that email and it does say 1/19/20 at the very bottom. When we upgraded over the phone our agent told confirmed the payment due date remained 2/3/20, which caused lots of confusion. But we were able to pay the balance in time and all is well. Thanks for the assistance here! 

• Like 1