Cruise Critic Community
Please look for and post on existing COVID-19 threads before posting a new one.
Keata

Newbie to West Coast Cruises

Living on the East Coast of Canada I am very familiar with Miami & Fort Lauderdale  but I know zilch about LAX and Long Beach Cruise port -  looking for some help please.  If I were to book a ride share or shuttle it seems that I need to meet them in another location of the terminal I land at (T6)? As I have a medical condition lifting suitcases multiple times on and off buses isn't ideal.....If I book the Carnival transfer I assume they pick up curbside? When I disembark the ship, my flight is at 10:15 PM giving me a good part of the day to see some sights. Any recommendations of companies that will pick me & my luggage up at the port, sight-see and then drop me off at LAX? Thank you in advance to any help provided!

The separate LAX-it pickup area is for taxis and rideshares, but shuttles can still pick up curbside at the terminals. I flew Alaska Airlines to LAX earlier this month, landing at T6. There were Carnival and Princess reps at baggage claim and I saw a Carnival shuttle at curbside.

NCL offered post-cruise excursions for those with flights leaving after 5pm, so maybe Carnival will as well?

Appreciate the responses.  As of now Carnival has no excursions listed for when we disembark. Perhaps when we get closer to the date.

Here is a website that has some excellent information regarding the Port of Los Angeles Cruise center, in San Pedro, not Long Beach:  https://sanpedro.com/cruise-ships/

This is for anyone sailing to/from Los Angeles on cruise lines other than Carnival.  Hope this helps!

Our flight isn’t until 4:30pm out of LAX so we also are looking for a way to see some of the LA sites. I think we are going to book with this company. It is essentially your own private tour and can be customized based on the number of hours you want to fill and what you want to see.

https://www.laplatinumtt.com/our-tours

Just a suggestion - flying cross-country on the day of the cruise may not be the best idea.  One delay and you risk missing the ship.  When I flew to LA from NY in April last year, with a connection in Chicago, my flight in Chicago was delayed considerably.  My 1 PM arrival in LA turned into a 4 PM arrival in LA, which would have made me late for the ship if I hadn't flown in the day before the cruise.

Flying in a day early gives you some additional options - only hotels located near the airport offer shuttles from the airport to the hotel (with curb-side pickup at that airport) so you could book one of those and then ride-share from the hotel to the cruise port.

On 1/22/2020 at 9:20 PM, Alexandra123 said:

This is for anyone sailing to/from Los Angeles on cruise lines other than Carnival.  Hope this helps!

Since the OP says they're sailing on Carnival, it only adds to confusion...

On 1/20/2020 at 10:30 PM, coastcat said:

NCL offered post-cruise excursions for those with flights leaving after 5pm, so maybe Carnival will as well?

There were no post-debarkation excursions listed for my cruise, or even for Long Beach in general.  There are, however, transfer shuttles that take you directly to LAX.  They depart from the parking garage.  Your shuttle ticket will have full details.