which is better in grand Turk

MooNGaTe27

Ive been to Jacks Shack and had a blast. The mixed drinks were a bit pricey but the buckets of beer were fair. we ate the jerk chicken which was amazing and also the conch fritters with fries. the give a lot of food for the price and oh so good. the water was so calm and beautiful. i cant wait to go back. also i think we paid 20 bucks for 2 chairs and an umbrella.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Hadiez said:

Ive been to Jacks Shack and had a blast. The mixed drinks were a bit pricey but the buckets of beer were fair. we ate the jerk chicken which was amazing and also the conch fritters with fries. the give a lot of food for the price and oh so good. the water was so calm and beautiful. i cant wait to go back. also i think we paid 20 bucks for 2 chairs and an umbrella.

I will be back there in April, and I plan to go to Jacks Shack.

The Beached Whale does have a bigger menu than Jack's.  Crowd is a bit quieter and people typically don't hang at the bar area.  Loungers are scattered around.  I think prices are similar.  BW is owned by the same local franchisees as Margaritaville. 

Jack's has changed gradually over the years as it's popularity increased. Higher prices, longer waits for food not quite as good as it used to be. And since the hurricanes and Topher's passing, it's changed even more.

Personally prefer to head into town. Sandbar or John's Oceanview or Pillory Beach.  All better than the cruise center area bars. IMO. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Reecycup said:

have not been there in a few years

bohio beach and the best bar ever

at the end

take a cab to the end the sand is great:classic_biggrin:

Well Bohio Resort is on Pillory Beach and while it is just north of town, it's NOT at the end of the island.  So you need to tell the taxi driver you want to go to Bohio Resort, or Pillory Beach.

No apology necessary.  Just didn't want other to think all you have to do is tell the driver " take me to end of road".

And along Front Street by the ocean, you're correct. A taxi from port would probably not go that route. Quicker to go the inland road to the hospital and make a left and go directly into their parking lot.

We were at Jacks in early January and honestly were not that impressed. The food was just OK and the drinks were fairly expensive, although strong. The place was more run-down than I anticipated. I had higher expectations based on all that I read beforehand.  We then went to the Beached Whale and that's where we will probably go next time.

Jack's has always been a "beach bar".  Not a resort type of place.  Gave it its character. 

With the demise of many places along that section of beach pre and post hurricanes, Jack's has become about the only place north of Margaritaville.  I can understand the price increases given the damage and expense of materials and supplies. But the crowds aren't the "old laid back beach bums" of yester-year.