Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Please look for and post on existing COVID-19 threads before posting a new one.
Sign in to follow this  
Reijo

Celebrity Silhouette question

Recommended Posts

My husband and I will be going on our first Celebrity cruise in March.  We will be sailing with two other couples.  Two of us (two couples) are Diamond Plus with RCCL, the other couple only has two cruises with them.  Will Celebrity allow us to all board together as RCCL does?  While I'm aware of the dress attire on Royal ships, since Celebrity is more upscale than Royal are men required to wear jackets on formal nights?  I know it's suggested attire but just curious as to what people on this cruise line does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can all board together.

 

jackets are not required at any time in the MDR, although many men choose to wear them, especially on the dressy nights.

 

unlike Royal, they no longer call them formal nights.  You can see the descriptions on the Celebrity website.

 

as Diamond Plus you will be Elite on Celebrity

Edited by cruisestitch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cruisestitch, thank you so much for your quick, to the point, response.  I appreciate it.  Sounds like it is just like RCCL as far as attire.

 

Again, Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Reijo said:

My husband and I will be going on our first Celebrity cruise in March.  We will be sailing with two other couples.  Two of us (two couples) are Diamond Plus with RCCL, the other couple only has two cruises with them.  Will Celebrity allow us to all board together as RCCL does?  While I'm aware of the dress attire on Royal ships, since Celebrity is more upscale than Royal are men required to wear jackets on formal nights?  I know it's suggested attire but just curious as to what people on this cruise line does.

 On the Evening Chic nights, you will see quite a range of clothing. For men, there will be tuxedos, suits,  jackets with nice shirts to just nice shirts with slacks.  The whole range of clothing can be seen.  The term that many use to describe these nights is country club casual and up.  

 

Enjoy your cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was on Royal in August after a long absence.  We were given Diamond status on Royal and had no drink package.  I was impressed with the Diamond Happy Hour as compared to Celebrity.  A longer time and much larger drink selection.  

Other status perks did not compare to Celebrity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2020 at 2:00 PM, Reijo said:

My husband and I will be going on our first Celebrity cruise in March.  We will be sailing with two other couples.  Two of us (two couples) are Diamond Plus with RCCL, the other couple only has two cruises with them.  Will Celebrity allow us to all board together as RCCL does?  While I'm aware of the dress attire on Royal ships, since Celebrity is more upscale than Royal are men required to wear jackets on formal nights?  I know it's suggested attire but just curious as to what people on this cruise line does.

 

Don't know if you already have done this - but you need to call Celebrity with your C&A number and have them set you up a Captain's Club account with the appropriate level - it does "transfer" but it's not automatic.

 

If you have done it - then you are good to go!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did mean to check into this.  I have printed my Xpress Pass and it does show Elite.  Does that mean that all is good or should I call?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Reijo said:

I did mean to check into this.  I have printed my Xpress Pass and it does show Elite.  Does that mean that all is good or should I call?

If it says Elite on the pass, you should be good to go!  Have a fun time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2020 at 6:17 PM, Reijo said:

Cruisestitch, thank you so much for your quick, to the point, response.  I appreciate it.  Sounds like it is just like RCCL as far as attire.

 

Again, Thanks!

As a frequent traveler on both Royal and Celebrity, my impression is that Celebrity is dressier at night, especially on  non-chic nights. That is not to say men absolutely must wear a jacket at night on Celebrity. I include my own husband in this because his favorite attire at nights on the ships is Greg Normal polo shirts and slacks.  He compromises on chic nights and wears a long sleeved shirt, but no tie. He also does this to eat in Murano where guests do seem to be dressier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

As a frequent traveler on both Royal and Celebrity, my impression is that Celebrity is dressier at night, especially on  non-chic nights. That is not to say men absolutely must wear a jacket at night on Celebrity. I include my own husband in this because his favorite attire at nights on the ships is Greg Normal polo shirts and slacks.  He compromises on chic nights and wears a long sleeved shirt, but no tie. He also does this to eat in Murano where guests do seem to be dressier. 

You have described my husband’s attire right down to the Greg Norman shirt.  😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2020 at 9:47 PM, Reijo said:

You have described my husband’s attire right down to the Greg Norman shirt.  😉

We have something else in common. When we lived in Portugal, one of our favorite restaurants was named Reijo!  Honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...