Cruise Critic Community
let's go cruising

Fan-ta-sea Cat & Nevis Beach w/ Lunch & Open Bar

We took the Fan-ta-sea Cat & Nevis Beach w/Lunch and Open Bar tour on January 8, 2020.  It was a Carnival Excursion, but it was put on by Blue Safari. 

We really enjoyed our day! We took the Catamaran right from the cruise port.  There were a lot of people on the boat; I think 61.  However, it didn't seem crowded.  We sat up front. There were benches to sit up front as well as on the netting. In the main area of the boat, there were benches and it was covered.  I don't think anyone got wet from the sailing. Our first stop was after a very nice sail. It was to an area to snorkel. There was almost no coral. It was mostly boulders. However, there were a lot of fish to see.  It was very nice.  There was also a LARGE green moray eel. We watched it for about 10 minutes swimming around on the bottom.  VERY COOL. 

After that, we reboarded and had lunch.  That's when the bar opened up.  It is absolutely an open bar. We drank beer, but there was also a rum punch. We enjoyed our lunch too. 

As we ate, we sailed to Nevis where we had our beach break. Everyone got off the catamaran right onto the beach. The cat backed back up into the deeper water to wait until it was time to go.  We were meant to stay in an area of the beach. The crew set up a bar right there.  DH and I didn't get anything from it, so I don't know what they had.  It was a nice beach.  There were chairs and umbrellas to rent.  We spent our time in the water.  I don't know if it was just the day we were there, if it happens every day.  There is a mountain or large hill on the island.  It caused a dark rain cloud to form RIGHT ON OUR BEACH.  We hardly had any sun and were rained on.  It was still enjoyable, but a little chilly, so be prepared for that possibility.

We then took the cat back to port. The bar stayed open and the dance music played.  Lots of fun and dancing.

I would do this again.

If you have questions, please ask.

Renee