Carry On all Luggage - Port Everglades

jdemps

I haven't been to port everglades before so I'm wondering if there is anything we need to know about carrying on our luggage.  

Are the gangways pretty standard?  I'm not interested in seeing comments from those that don't carry on or their reasons why.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, jdemps said:

I haven't been to port everglades before so I'm wondering if there is anything we need to know about carrying on our luggage.  

Are the gangways pretty standard?  I'm not interested in seeing comments from those that don't carry on or their reasons why.

Thank you.

Make sure your luggage fits through the scanner. It’s about the size of the TSA scanners

In my experience, any bag that I would want to pack will fit through the scanner.  I have a 29" tall suitcase and it fits just fine.   Many, many people are confused and believe you can only take an airline carry on at max 22" height but that is not the case.

If you can carry all the luggage by yourself and it fits through the security scanner there’s no reason why you can’t do it yourself. Just remember in many instances the cabins aren’t ready for occupancy until 1:30PM so you may be stuck lugging it around until then. Personally I have been very lucky with luggage. I have never had an incident regarding lost luggage in forty five plus sailings since I got hooked wayback in May 1983.

We bought FTTF so will be able to go straight to cabin and unpack when we want instead of waiting.  I've had 3 friends on 3 separate cruises go without luggage on vacation so it does happen.  For me, it's more that I just want to get settled.  Last time we had FTTF was in 2017 out of long beach and our bags didn't make it to the hallway until around 7:30pm on a 4:30pm departure cruise.  Maybe they are better now but I would rather just take my bag with me, change for steakhouse dinner and not have to unpack after dinner.

Most luggage that is for sale will fit through the scanner with the exception of a huge trunk.  I'm not sure why most people think it "might not fit, make sure it fits".  lol 

24 inches wide and 16 inches depth when laying on its side is a pretty big suitcase!  length doesn't matter, mine is 29" and has been fine.  I bring the big one because I have this neck pillow I use for a more comfy sleep.  My neck thanks me for bringing that big bag.  🙂

I'm glad to hear the terminal and gangway are pretty standard.  Thanks.