Do I need a visa for Mediterranean cruise...so confused...

Bubbs33

I am Canadian with a Canadian passport. First our cruise starts in Rome, the countries are Italy, Montenegro and Greece. I understand I do not require a tourist visa for Schengen countries (Italy and Greece). The Montenegro consulate also does not require a visa. However  I recieved this notice from Princess...

As a reminder, you will be visiting countries which are member of the Schengen Agreement. Schengen Agreement countries require passport
holders from various countries to obtain a visa in advance. This requirement does not apply to Australian, Canadian, New Zealand, UK, or U.S.
passport holders. A multiple entry visa will be required if a non-Schengen country is visited between visits to Schengen countries (Example:
depart from Italy, visit Turkey, arrive in Greece). Schengen Agreement countries include: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark,
Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, Norway, Netherlands,
Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland

Surely, I am not the only one dealing with this. We sail April 18.

Thanks for any experience on this.

It states:

A multiple entry visa will be required if a non-Schengen country is visited between visits to Schengen countries (Example:
depart from Italy, visit Turkey, arrive in Greece). Montenegro is a non-Schengen country.

1 minute ago, Cruiserkenn said:

On the Pacific Princes last October, we visited Italy, Malta, Croatia, Montenegro, and Slovenia.  We did not need a Visa, just U.S. Passport.  I was confused, too, but no problem🙂🤔🙂

Thank you. Appreciate that you shared your experience.

3 hours ago, Bubbs33 said:

I am Canadian with a Canadian passport. First our cruise starts in Rome, the countries are Italy, Montenegro and Greece. I understand I do not require a tourist visa for Schengen countries (Italy and Greece). The Montenegro consulate also does not require a visa. However  I recieved this notice from Princess...

As a reminder, you will be visiting countries which are member of the Schengen Agreement. Schengen Agreement countries require passport
holders from various countries to obtain a visa in advance. This requirement does not apply to Australian, Canadian, New Zealand, UK, or U.S.
passport holders. A multiple entry visa will be required if a non-Schengen country is visited between visits to Schengen countries

Poor wording by Princess. The last sentence should start out "If a visa is required, a multiple entry visa will be required ..." or 

• Like 2

On 1/21/2020 at 8:02 AM, Bubbs33 said:

passport holders. A multiple entry visa will be required if a non-Schengen country is visited between visits to Schengen countries (Example:
depart from Italy, visit Turkey, arrive in Greece). Schengen Agreement countries include: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark,
Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, Norway, Netherlands,
Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland

Surely, I am not the only one dealing with this. We sail April 18.

Thanks for any experience on this.

You say you are sailing April 18 (I assume that is 2020). Looks like you should be good however starting in 2021 things are changing - see https://www.etiasvisa.com/etias-requirements/canadians or https://www.etiasvisa.com/etias-requirements/americans for details which states in part (for Canadians) the following: 

ETIAS/ETIAS REQUIREMENTS/ETIAS FOR CANADIANS

At the moment, Canadian citizens are able to travel to the Schengen Area visa-free for stays under 90 days. The Schengen passport-free zone is made up of 22 European Union countries like Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, and Spain, as well as 4 non-European Union countries; Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland. 

However, this will soon change when the European Travel Information and Authorization System (ETIAS) is introduced by the end of 2021. ETIAS is an electronic visa waiver approved by the European Parliament in 2016: it will take around 4 years to fully implement the system.