BOTTLE GATORADE

shipndip60

Pro-tip: If you're planning to bring a lot of Gatorade (e.g. a full case) then slap a luggage tag on it and drop it off with the porters along with your luggage. That way you don't have to haul it through security and onto the ship yourself. I just did that with a case of pop when I boarded the Regal last Sunday. 

• Like 2

I take packets of Propel powder and just add it to bottled water available on the ship.  Propel is made by Gatorade, and I like it even better.  And the Propel is added to the common 500ml bottle.  Gatorade takes a larger bottle, not as easy to find.  Of course you can always refill the 20 oz. bottle out of the tap.  All of this is much easier than man-handling, sorry, people-handling the heavy cases of Gatorade.

If you have the beverage package, the 500ml water is included.  If you do not have the package, you can pre-order bottled water before you board.  The price is very reasonable.  But this bargain package of water has to be ordered ahead of the cruise.

28 minutes ago, 2 cruises a year said:

If you do not have the package, you can pre-order bottled water before you board.  The price is very reasonable.  But this bargain package of water has to be ordered ahead of the cruise.

It’s a good deal & easier for me than bringing bottled water onboard.

Another option could be to bring a Gatorade or a refillable water bottle to refill with the ship’s very safe tap water & to add Gatorade or Propel (packets or powder).

8F53284F-4502-4737-9425-43925F26D72D.jpeg

33 minutes ago, voljeep said:

bring the real  GATORADE !!!

32 minutes ago, Katwoman007 said:

We got a case of the smaller size we like and tapped a luggage slip to it and it arrived in our room perfectly! 🙂 

I guessing that you two are not the ones lugging the cases around.  A luggage tag and porter didn't get it from the store to his/her cart.  Do you carry them onto the airplane, or check them?  Please don't even suggest buying it after I get to the port city.  I'm on vacation.  (That brings up another subject, I'm retired, every day is Saturday.  I don't have a job to vacation from.  I'm still looking for a more appropriate word for me, than vacation.) 😏

Any way, packets of powder are light, take up very little room, and no problem to mix.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2 cruises a year said:

I guessing that you two are not the ones lugging the cases around.  A luggage tag and porter didn't get it from the store to his/her cart.  Do you carry them onto the airplane, or check them?  Please don't even suggest buying it after I get to the port city.  I'm on vacation.  (That brings up another subject, I'm retired, every day is Saturday.  I don't have a job to vacation from.  I'm still looking for a more appropriate word for me, than vacation.) 😏

Any way, packets of powder are light, take up very little room, and no problem to mix.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

gotcha ... understand  … you don't take kids on cruises who drink and LIKE Gatorade

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, voljeep said:

gotcha ... understand  … you don't take kids on cruises who drink and LIKE Gatorade

I buy Gatorade and Propel by the case at home, packets by the package when I cruise.  Best thing for that morning after cotton mouth. :=)

Do the kids handle their own cases of Gatorade?

Edited by 2 cruises a year

1 hour ago, 2 cruises a year said:

I buy Gatorade and Propel by the case at home, packets by the package when I cruise.  Best thing for that morning after cotton mouth. :=)

Do the kids handle their own cases of Gatorade?

Does it matter? They very clearly want Gatorade. In bottles. Real Gatorade.

2 hours ago, shipndip60 said:

The kids are 15&17 years old they can carry there own Gatorade, so bringing 2 cases won't be a problem.

Then definitely follow "Croptop's" suggestion of slapping a luggage tag on them and letting the porters handle them with your luggage.  I've also done that before, it works like a charm.  I used Duck Tape to hold the luggage tags on, and gave a few wraps around the case to hold it together.

Edited by 2 cruises a year

12 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

No one answer is right for everyone.   That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

• Like 1

Another option is to bring with you the small bottles of flavored water enhancer drops and fill water bottles from the tap or order cases of bottled water through room service.  The advantage to this is that you can bring on board many more flavors than even Gatorade offers.

• 2 years later...

So bottles are okay, even though the cruise contract thinks not?

"Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.  Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding."

14 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

So bottles are okay, even though the cruise contract thinks not?

"Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.  Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding."

When this thread began in January 2020 plastic bottles were allowed but as you wrote not now.

11 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

When this thread began in January 2020 plastic bottles were allowed but as you wrote not now.

Ah, that explains it. When I searched on Gatorade this was the only thread that seemed relevant.