ketchikan

con3

Hi, We will be going on our first trip to Alaska in May with Celebrity on a cruise tour. I have all the excursions booked except in Ketchikan. We are looking to book something on our own, and I would love to hear any  recommendations. I have a small group so maybe hiring a van to take us around? Misty Fjord looks really nice, anyone do a boat there? I am open for ideas. Not anything to overly physical but some walking ok. Thanks for any help!!

There are lots of suggestions provided on the 2 Ketchikan web sites, plus there's a Visitor Guide to download. 

Look at all the options and decide which best supports your interests and priorities.  Flightseeing, boat tour, kayaking, snorkling, fishing, totem parks, museums ........

https://www.experienceketchikan.com/

https://www.visit-ketchikan.com/

Visitor Guide :  https://www.experienceketchikan.com/support-files/ketchikan-trip-planner-2018.pdf

• Like 1

On 1/21/2020 at 12:40 PM, con3 said:

Hi, We will be going on our first trip to Alaska in May with Celebrity on a cruise tour. I have all the excursions booked except in Ketchikan. We are looking to book something on our own, and I would love to hear any  recommendations. I have a small group so maybe hiring a van to take us around? Misty Fjord looks really nice, anyone do a boat there? I am open for ideas. Not anything to overly physical but some walking ok. Thanks for any help!!

Are you by any chance on the Celebrity Millenium leaving May 24th?  My sister and I are on that cruise and I have everything booked except Ketchikan.  Will have to do some more research.

Teanne

I just booked with Ketchikan taxi cab tours. 
You will find them on trip advisor. They get good reviews. 
They take you wherever you want to go for however long you wish. Our trip is end of July. 
We have 5 adults, and only about 3 hours. They are taking us to the Totems, waterfalls, and to scope out wildlife, bears, eagles, etc. Tim even mentioned time to go see the beach. I’m up for anything outdoors. 
Ruby Princess is only in port from 7-1, so we have limited time there. I want to have a bit of time to shop In town, so figured 3 hours was perfect. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/26/2020 at 2:16 PM, DENNAS said:

I just booked with Ketchikan taxi cab tours. 
You will find them on trip advisor. They get good reviews. 
They take you wherever you want to go for however long you wish. Our trip is end of July. 
We have 5 adults, and only about 3 hours. They are taking us to the Totems, waterfalls, and to scope out wildlife, bears, eagles, etc. Tim even mentioned time to go see the beach. I’m up for anything outdoors. 
Ruby Princess is only in port from 7-1, so we have limited time there. I want to have a bit of time to shop In town, so figured 3 hours was perfect. 

I second this!!!  My husband I had Tim back in August 2017 and he's AWESOME!  We have booked him for our trip again this summer!! Reasonably priced and great intimate experience!

Suggest southeast sea kayak.  Next may will be our 3rd time using this vendor. Ketchikan can be very very busy with too many cruise ships, but this vendor takes you away from a crowds.   Suggest the 3 hour orca cove trip. 
https://kayakketchikan.com/guidedtrips

Edited by tcdcruiser

We were in Alaska last August and we LOVED the Baring Sea Crab Fisherman's Tour. The boat was docked right by the Celebrity Eclipse and it was a very short walk to board.

There was a lot to see and do during the tour with very friendly and informative crew. There is even a shop on board with souvenirs as well as food and drink available.

We have a rental car reserved for Ketchikan for our group of four adults (two seniors). The plan is to drive to a few sites of interest (Totem Bight, a drive to the beach, etc.) and then drop my parents off so they can do a little shopping or get back on the ship while DH and I go and hike the Deer Mountain trail. A little something for everyone.

19 hours ago, KristyMisty14 said:

I second this!!!  My husband I had Tim back in August 2017 and he's AWESOME!  We have booked him for our trip again this summer!! Reasonably priced and great intimate experience!

Oh wow! That’s great to know.  Thanks for the glowing report!