Cruise Critic Community
tampadee

how cold is it aboard Mariner

We are leaving on Mariner on Thursday, traveling to warm/hot temperatures.  How cold is it aboard Mariner? 

I was there in October and later this December. It was pretty cold in the restaurants and bars. I always bring a shawl to wear at night and a light sweater or hoodie during the day. We were in the Caribbean in October and Brazil/Amazon in December. For whatever reason they keep the open areas cold.

We find Regent ships quite cold, always need some sort of sweater or jacket or wrap.   Yet we see guys in CR, e.g., in short sleeve shirts, and women with lots of bare skin.    We just can't do that (my husband winds up wearing a blazer and long-sleeve shirt virtually every night).   Thank goodness the suite temps adjust nicely to one's preferences.

I have absolutely no idea if there is any cause and effect here but colder common areas make it harder for bacteria to grow - I will take a sweater over bacteria any day

Good to know. I prefer it less cold on our hot weather cruise, but at least I can prepare adequately.

26 minutes ago, carlylecat said:

I have absolutely no idea if there is any cause and effect here but colder common areas make it harder for bacteria to grow - I will take a sweater over bacteria any day

We are also of the thought that a cooler temperature in the common areas is helpful if you are feeling a bit of seasickness.