slippers

esimon

11 minutes ago, RuthC said:

Depends totally on your cabin category. Some categories have never gotten slippers. 

Oh goodness.  I didn’t realize that Ruth.  I thought all cabins did.  I’m sorry.  

Edited by canadianbear
Spelling

2 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Oh goodness.  I didn’t realize that Ruth.  I thought all cabins did.  I’m sorry.  

I think I got slippers when I had a Vista Suite on the Prinsendam. But I have never gotten them in my customary inside cabins, or the rare outside cabin I have booked. 

8 hours ago, RuthC said:

I think I got slippers when I had a Vista Suite on the Prinsendam. But I have never gotten them in my customary inside cabins, or the rare outside cabin I have booked. 

Me either Ruth.  I had a suite on the Zuiderdam several years ago but I cannot remember getting slippers...

The HAL site lists slippers under the suite amenities.

So, if you are in a verandah that is a Vista Suite (on the smaller ships and Pinnacle Class), Signature Suite, Neptune Suite or Pinnacle Suite, you should have slippers.

13 minutes ago, kazu said:

The HAL site lists slippers under the suite amenities.

So, if you are in a verandah that is a Vista Suite (on the smaller ships and Pinnacle Class), Signature Suite, Neptune Suite or Pinnacle Suite, you should have slippers.

This has been our experience as well, except that sometimes we had to ask for them.  If we do not use them, we bring them home with us and donate to a local group home - they really appreciate them.

Edited by DaveOKC

Funny thing: we've booked a suite only one time, and that was a Vista suite on the Kdam. I have no recollection of getting or not getting slippers, ever. Just doesn't register in my memory banks. 

But I suspect the grapes are sour anyway.

42 minutes ago, Petronillus said:

Funny thing: we've booked a suite only one time, and that was a Vista suite on the Kdam. I have no recollection of getting or not getting slippers, ever. Just doesn't register in my memory banks. 

But I suspect the grapes are sour anyway.

You didn't miss anything. I wear a 5 1/2 and felt like Bozo the clown.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Bozo T. Clown was one of the great figures of my childhood.

I just took a look at your signature stamp. I envy you your upcoming looooooong B2B2B on the Oosterdam. I promise that DW & I will get it nicely warmed up for you when we do the Panama Canal transit in February.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

No kidding.  I wear a 7 1/2 and they were way too big.  They probably would have fit DH, but he doesn't wear slippers. Or robes.  But that's another subject.  🤣

I bring my own anyway, for pre- and post-cruise hotels.

• Haha 1

I guess there is no rhyme or reason to the slippers, we have cruised in standard verandah cabins and gotten slippers, verandah suite we have gotten slippers and then not gotten them.  DH likes the slippers so if they are not present in cabin DH kindly asks and receives his slippers.  

I bring mine home in the wrapper and donate them to our local women's shelter.  Cruising in a few weeks on the K'dam in verandah suite, DH will be looking I'm sure. 

• 3 weeks later...